iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gearmatic winch 119 trouble bleeding clutch

Started by Pa.Logger, July 09, 2017, 06:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pa.Logger

Having trouble bleeding clutch side is there any better way other than the bleeder and pumping the handle

coxy

are you bleeding it at the clutch cylinder in side the winch  sometimes you can fill the master and leave the line loose for a little and the air will go out  when bleeding the master control I do it with my finger by holding it over the fitting and pumping the handle when it starts hurting your finger let off then try it again I have never had much trouble with the clutch side of the g matic its always the brake side

Spartan

When I have a air problem I can't get rid of, I get my Mighty Vac and suck the fluid through.  That has worked the best for me.  I had to do it one time only on the clutch side.  Took the cover off and bled it from the slave at the clutch bands.  Then you just have minimal air to get our at your bearing area when you put it all back together.

If you can't get it that way, check for holes in lines or in the brake cups in the master and the clutch slave.  most auto parts stores have those to replace them.  1" will work I found some 1 1/32" and that was perfect.

coxy

the ones you get from auto parts store  are better they are  thicker than the ones that come in the repair kit

Thank You Sponsors!