iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cub cadet

Started by coxy, July 04, 2017, 07:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

does anyone have there utv  and who makes it I know cub don't  thanks

Ox

Hisun.  Made in TX, Chinese company.  Favorable reviews on it.  They say the chassis is very similar to the Rhino chassis but with the upgrades everybody wishes they had to it 10 years ago.  Sounds like a good overall deal.

Don't be scared of Chinese stuff.  They can build good or cheap.  It all depends on what the customer actually ordered.  China makes Harbor Freight stuff but they also make Milwaukee and DeWalt and Makita, etc. 
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

coxy

I was thinking along the line of the rhino looks similar they are priced good 8300 for the 500 with a winch hard top and windshield 0% for 3 years have been looking for a rhino but they are way over priced for used and don't want someone else hopped up junk just like a snowmobile if its been blown up or rebuilt don't want it they are never the same don't care who works on them     

Ox

You're wise in your thinking.  A rebuild is never the same.  Sometimes better, sometimes worse.  I've had good luck with my rebuilds cause I do them myself and I don't take any shortcuts so I end up with good engines with a little more power because of an overbore.  Anyways, I hope you get what you're looking for.  I'd like a UTV but make do with a utility 4 wheeler with 4x4 and racks for my work buggy.  Built some rough boxes for the racks and it works out for me.
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

coxy

the reason for getting one is a atv you cant ride the roads but a utv you can with insurance and a triangle a atv new is about 6-10k and cant ride many places but the utv you  got miles to ride and its nicer for 2 people

Stoneyacrefarm

Coxy,
Not sure if you have seen these yet.
Honda makes a pioneer 500 that is a small side by side.
It's a 2 person utv that is a little bit wider than an atv.
Best of both worlds.
Out our way they were around 7k for the red version.  Little more for camo models.
Might be worth checking out for you.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Crusarius

I have the QLink version of the cub cadet. It is exactly the same down to the seats and seat brackets. (I need new seats).

It is only a 500 but it has decent power. I like it very much. It is identical to a yamaha rhino. yamaha parts fit right on it.

I bought mine dirt cheap. The only thing that was holding it together was the mud. This thing was beat beyond death by 4 teenage boys that had absolutely no respect. It is a pain to start unless I let the fuel pump fully pressurize the system before I start to crank. And it does not idle when cold. Once warmed up its fine.

Overall. I never realized how much I needed one of these or how useful and fun it was going to be. was worth every penny. I would love to upgrade to the larger engine but for what I have into this thing with plow it does amazing.

I would not want a full cab unless you are not going into the woods. one of the best things about it is the ability to pivot off trees and get into really tight areas.

Ox

I didn't know about the laws and rules with a UTV.  I might hafta look into that. 

Wait.  I'm not staying here. 

Never mind!

sandhills

My sis and bil got dad a Joyner a few years ago for father's day, got it cheap off ebay or something but it needed work.  Since then it's worked fine and I'd never spend a dime buying another 4 wheeler after using it, just too much more I can do with it, but that's just me and what I do.  The only thing I really don't like about his is it's a manual so moving cattle and such is kind of a pain, I'd rather have my horse then.  I doubt I'll ever have the money to buy a new one but I'd like to see those Hondas, dad's is small too and gets around really good in tight spots.  As far as laws go I'm not sure here but neighbors drive them everywhere, through town, wherever, think small town and rural, everyone knows everyone and when they'll be coming so to speak sort of thing.  Funny thing about this though my wife and I had a discussion about lilac bushes the other night (she loves them but wants different ones) the next morning pulling out of our drive I almost clobbered my neighbor in his, decided then and there the lilacs are coming out and the new row will be 20' further back off the road, worst part is I was paying attention just couldn't see him coming.  Flags are a good thing to have, which he doesn't but it still would've been on me and my conscious if I'd have pulled out.

GRANITEstateMP

Pretty sure in NH, if you put different tires and directional's on them you can run them on some roads (if registered).   Not 100% sure on that one...
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Bruno of NH

I have seen Utv's on the road in Newport Nh
They had all the lights,I couldn't tell what the tires looked like
It also had a plate
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

21incher

Are you positive you can drive on the roads in NY with one. I understand you must register and insure any atv / utv under 1500 lbs for use on private property or trail systems. They can only cross public roads or travel from trail to trail on specially marked roads. UTV's over 1500 lbs can not be registered and are only legal for farm use. You may want to check with your local state police before buying one for use on public roads. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

coxy

when my buddy got his rhino back I think in 05  he went to the DEC web site and it said tringle and insurance no highways   I talked to the sheriffs office yesterday they said its such a gray spot they have no idea whats going on    don't know about  now but his never had a title or registration it came from Yamaha with just a bill of sale so there was no possible way to register it through dmv it was  farm/utility  tringle and insurance that's what was required for his  its bad when the law has no clue whats going on  :D

coxy

ill be picking it up tomorrow or Tuesday  8) 8)

Stoneyacrefarm

Woo hoo.
New toys are always fun.  8)
Work hard. Be rewarded.

GRANITEstateMP

Coxy,  what brand and model did you end up with?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

coxy

I got the cub cadet 500 it comes standard with hard top and a winch every other one I looked at they where add ons a few hundred for this and a few hundred for that I'm shur they where added on in the price some how but it makes you feel good when you don't have to buy the stuff separate its supposed to be done tomorrow we will see I told them to day ifs its not done by noon I'm going someplace else  :) ill post pics when its home   

coxy

ill have my daughter take pics of it    its neat there is one logging road I built last week end that I have back up with the dozer and this thing made it up almost to the top in 2wd I was impressed my buddy was calling me an idiot for not putting it 4wd at the bottom I think if the tire pressure was lower I would have made it they have 24lbs in them I think ill drop them to 10-12 softer ride and more traction on the open road it will do 45mph and 48 down hill to the floor  :)  it also came with  4new cv boots and the clamps and 8 extra rubber bungees for the hood 

21incher

3 weeks later and still no pics. Did the bears steal it all ready?   ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

John Mc

Quote from: coxy on July 04, 2017, 04:33:43 PM
the reason for getting one is a atv you can't ride the roads but a utv you can with insurance and a triangle

Depends on what state you live in (and in Vermont what town).
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

coxy

Quote from: 21incher on August 20, 2017, 07:20:07 PM
3 weeks later and still no pics. Did the bears steal it all ready?   ;D
hay hay hay  :) yes I know no pic it didn't happen but it did  ;D just got home yesterday from a week up north daughter has been  working doubles must be great to be young but as soon as I can get her for 5 min ill have her post pics  got 90 miles on it and put 3gal of gas in it so far  got it stuck and when they say 3500lb winch there full of ship more like 1500lb winch it struggled but got it out by winching and driving in reverse at the same time   they are not like a 4 wheeler I keep forgetting about the roll bars and when it tips side ways it don't fit between trees  :-\ that was the only time its been stuck and in 4x4 the tires are monsters they have a turkey foot like tread and really dig  just bear with me  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!