iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hiatus hernia?

Started by Woodhauler, July 03, 2017, 09:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

I am setting up  waiting for my 10:30 attack! Seems to happen most everynight. Gives you heart attack like pain! Going to doctors to see if they can fix it. I think they rotted my guts with all the anti biotics and naproxen and ibrprofen they had me on. I threw them all away other then blood pressure pills.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Chuck White

Hiatil (sp) is where your esophagus expands and forms a pocket and you end up with a lot of heartburn due to the nature of it!

I've heard (years ago) that the surgery for it is hit and miss!  Works sometimes, but not all the time!

Night-time attacks may possibly be lessened by elevating the head end of your bet by 2 inches or so!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Woodhauler

Well I tried sleepimg in chair, didn't work. I stayed up last night past the time of the attack and didn't have one. But that's not a option every night.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

two tired

Find a chiropractor that knows how to pull  it down. I know it sounds weird but with my chiropractor it worked instantly on me

when wondering about weather conditions call the dog in and see if he is wet

Woodhauler

Note to self, I need to see a doctor! Last night was miserable. Several attacks that you would swear was heart attacks. Break out in cold sweat, chest pain and left arm. Goes away after setting up for 10 minutes.

Chuck White

Woodhauler, see your Dr "ASAP"!

Don't take chances!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

LeeB

I had mine repaired in 1999. Haven't had a problem since. Pure misery before that. Same symptoms. Couldn't breath, chest pains, heart burn all the time. Also had severe GIRD. The doctor sewed up my diaphragm and wrapped part of my stomach around my esophagus, all done through 5 little holes in my belly. I did have an abdominal hernia many years later at one of thee incisions. The surgery is changed now and done thought the esophagus and is reversible.     
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Dan_Shade

Woodhauler, please get to an er. I'm not a doctor, but you're symptoms sound serious.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Woodhauler

Quote from: Dan_Shade on July 05, 2017, 09:14:09 AM
Woodhauler, please get to an er. I'm not a doctor, but you're symptoms sound serious.
Oh they may be serious, but its been going on since first of may. Got appointment to see doctor at 4:15 today.

Woodhauler

They are setting me up to get a bore scope run down my throat. She said its like getting a colonoscopy, I said I hope you use a different camera when you put it down my throat ;D

LeeB

I've had both. Didn't find either to be pleasant at all.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

coxy

iv had the upper gi endoscopy done I had to drink strawberry chalk  steve_smiley  watched it go down in the little camera screen about an hour later thought I was going to have to rebuild the foundation under my bathroom that stuff is bad  ;D

Wudman

The scope from the top end isn't too bad.  Try to schedule it for the morning.  You can't eat anything before it so you can be a tad bit hungry by afternoon.  I get one on a regular basis these days.  I've been fighting ulcers, a hiatal hernia, and heartburn most of my life.  It is pretty well controlled now with Prilosec, but now they are saying that the proton pump inhibitors (Prilosec, etc) cause dementia......so to keep from dying from esophageal cancer you can go loose your mind.  Neither sounds very pleasing.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Woodhauler

Well at 10 45 I get the camera run down my throat. Hopefully we can start getting answers.

Ed_K

Hope it go well for you.
Ed K

Woodhauler

Went good today, they had me take a nap while they did it. Found a trouble spot that maybe causing my problems.

Woodhauler

Well I have no hernia, Its a mild case of barretts esophagus. Doctor said it was caused by all the pills they had me on plus the cold I had this spring /summer that kept me coughing my brains out. On acid refluxe pills and its healing up. Hope it goes away!

coxy

what do they have you on  I took Nexium 40mg for about 15 years  now I get them over the counter they are only 20mg so at times I take 2 but even taking 2 I don't think they are as good as the docs prescription 40mg

Woodhauler

Quote from: coxy on July 14, 2017, 06:26:55 PM
what do they have you on  I took Nexium 40mg for about 15 years  now I get them over the counter they are only 20mg so at times I take 2 but even taking 2 I don't think they are as good as the docs prescription 40mg
I am taking omeprazole40 mg in morning, and ranitidine 300mg in evening .Both are from pharmacy. They say I should heal and not need these . Hopefully they are right.

coxy

never heard of them   hope every thing goes good for ya    the trouble I have is self inflicted I like every thing spicy but it hates me   

Raider Bill

Sounds like generic names for prilosic and zantec. Been taking them both for years. I've had  barretts for years.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!