Sponsors:

What's wrong with my boards

Started by mjeselskis, July 02, 2017, 08:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clintnelms

Quote from: mjeselskis on July 20, 2017, 09:49:58 PM
Quote from: clintnelms on July 16, 2017, 05:23:41 PM
mjeselskis,
So how's your boards looking now? After I sprayed mine down with straight bleach they cleared right up. I've started spraying mine down with bleach on both sides before stacking and haven't seen anymore mold yet.

They are looking good. The worst ones are still stained gray, but the other ones are looking good and air drying the stickers for a couple days looks like it helped too.

That's good! I noticed mine that I sprayed with straight bleach have started to get a little bit of mold, but no where near like before. I've got probably 8 to 10 more 16 foot logs to mill so I'll be stocking up on some bleach. Mainly where the fans aren't blowing on them as good.

flatrock58

Stood some boards up yesterday and flipped them today.  So far looks good.  Will try to get them dry a wekk then maybe stack and sticker.  Time will tell.

2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

flatrock58

Day 3 and no mold.  I cut this log without using the lubemizer and I scraped off the sawdust.  I think that helps to keep surface moisture lower.
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

flatrock58

Day 5 and we had some rain.  Notices some white mold on some of the boards.  Might not be out of the woods yet.
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

4x4American

Now change out your water in you lube with diesel fuel and you really won't have nothin to worry about lol
Boy, back in my day..

flatrock58

4x4american.  The guys I bought the mill from ran diesel instead of water and said it worked good.  I wondered if vinegar would work since it inhibits mold.
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

4x4American

Maybe.. I reckon it'd get pretty expensive/annoying to keep on hand though ... I ran out of water one day so I filled the lubemizer up with diesel and been running that way ever since.  It's easier to keep off hand cause everything I have runs off diesel and it lasts a long time.  I would use alot of water and it got obnoxious filling it up all the time.. the diesel is nice but not when the wind is in your face and not when you're sawing vegetable crate materials or tomato stakes :D
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!