iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Visitors

Started by sawguy21, July 01, 2017, 09:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

I looked out the window this morning to see a large flock of quail run up the steps then around the back of the house on the deck. The dog started barking before I could grab the camera. They are funny to watch, they would rather run than fly.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Grizzly

I'm not real acquainted with quail but I saw a group when I was coming up from Oregon into Washington while still south of Spokane. Just as you describe, the silly things ran like all get out. Looked crazy.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Ljohnsaw

Quail is the state bird of California.  A couple years ago we went to Pinnacles National Park and camped there for a few days.  They have a bunch of tallas caves (caves made by falling boulders) and very little parking at the trail heads.  So they run a free shuttle service.  The park (since no hunting is allowed) is overflowing with quail.  The bus driver was a bit annoyed when a covey of quail would cross the road and he would have to wait for them.  Seemed like every time we were on the bus!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

sandhills

They're making a comeback around here, I've been seeing or hearing them about everywhere I work.  It's been a long time since I've seen this many so it's nice to have them back.

WV Sawmiller

We had plenty of Bob-White quail in N. Fla where I grew up. You'd nearly step on them before they would flush and scare you half to death. They would roost in a circle with their tails touching and leave a ring of droppings but nothing could sneak up on them.

Fun to watch them. A flock of turkeys does the same kind of antics only bigger and easier to see them.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!