iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blue Sawmill?

Started by Gundog, July 24, 2017, 11:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gundog

My step Dad called me and said he may have found a deal on a sawmill in ID for me he knows I have been looking for one, a friend of his inherited a place in the hills with a sawmill that was used to mill lumber for most of this ranch. He said it is in its own building but he knows nothing about it other than it is blue. The only mill I have been able to find painted blue is the easy Boardwalk. He is supposed to go see it next week and hopefully get some info about it. The guy who inherited it from his father doesn't seem to know anything either. My step dad doesn't have a smart phone so I am not sure I will get pictures. Do you know any other brands that were painted blue? The guy who has it wants it gone. I am about 7 hours away so until I find out more it is not worth the trip. If I don't buy it I will help the guy value it once I find out what it is.

I have a bunch of questions.
Gas or electric?
Bandsaw or circle mill?
Brand / Model?
Age?

I keep trying to think of all the pertinent questions so he can get me answers when he goes to see it.

Mike

Ga Mtn Man

Baker and Mister Sawmill come to mind.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Gundog

Thanks it is like Christmas waiting to find out some info he may go Thur or Fri this week. I had forgot about Baker but I had not heard of the Mister Sawmill.

TKehl

I had a deal like this for an orange sawmill.  It was grown up in brush, but the price was very good. 

Once we cut the brush away and jacked up the frame, it was actually a machine to lay concrete curbing, but a friend of theirs had told them it was a sawmill without looking too close.   ;)  :)  :D 
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

paul case

If my dad had it that blue paint would only mean it blue paint was the cheapest he could buy on the day he painted it.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

kelLOGg

If it is a big mill it is probably a Baker.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Thank You Sponsors!