iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going to be a good day hauling wood!

Started by Woodhauler, June 30, 2017, 05:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

My 9yr old granddaughter is going with me today! She asked Monday if she could! I saved 3 loads of logs for today! She went last summer and had a blast! When her mom dropped her off last night she had the newest copy of the truck buyers guide with her. My granddaughter got it at the store and was awfully proud of it. She made me sit with her and go through every page with her.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

thecfarm

Sounds like she is having a good time with her Grandfather. And her Grandfather is having a good time with her.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Crusarius

Sounds like you are a bad influence...

Keep up the great work :)

GRANITEstateMP

Good for you Woodhauler!  You guys should have a blast.

Did she find you any good deals in the truck buyers guide? ;D
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

TKehl

Awesome!

Cap that with a trip to the ice cream shop and she will remember this day forever!
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

timberking

I think it is great to be able to share time and teach her things she might not hear in school.  The mills come unhinged if there is a minor in the truck or on grounds around here.

coxy

Quote from: timberking on June 30, 2017, 11:23:14 AM
I think it is great to be able to share time and teach her things she might not hear in school.  The mills come unhinged if there is a minor in the truck or on grounds around here.
same here with some mills  when my oldest daughter was 6-7 my dad got pulled over in the log truck with her in it and they had a fit they called my wife at work to see if she new she was with her grand father in the truck  ::) ::) I guess  my wife chewed him out  my daughter told me that day when I got  papa and I was going to jail but mom saved us  :D

cutterboy

A good day for sure! Back at school when the boys start talking about trucks that little girl will be able to get right in that conversation and tell them a thing or two. :D
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

bushmechanic

It's great that you can do it. That's what memories are made from. My first grandchild is due in about a month... can't wait! 8)

Woodhauler

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on June 30, 2017, 09:13:48 AM
Good for you Woodhauler!  You guys should have a blast.

Did she find you any good deals in the truck buyers guide? ;D
She seemed to be fond of any truck that was a lite blue color, And any western stars! She did find a truck she thought her mother should get me for Christmas, A 535,000 dollar wrecker!!!!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Woodhauler

Quote from: coxy on June 30, 2017, 12:13:30 PM
Quote from: timberking on June 30, 2017, 11:23:14 AM
same here with some mills  when my oldest daughter was 6-7 my dad got pulled over in the log truck with her in it and they had a fit they called my wife at work to see if she new she was with her grand father in the truck  ::) ::) I guess  my wife chewed him out  my daughter told me that day when I got  papa and I was going to jail but mom saved us  :D
Most mills have no problem, They will let them set in scale house as long as they are well behaved.

Maine372

i sat in the scale shack in jay as a kid. went into the yard in rumford when it was still heaps of 4ft wood. she will remember these trips, I hope you bought her a good lunch!

Woodhauler

Quote from: Maine372 on June 30, 2017, 08:37:41 PM
i sat in the scale shack in jay as a kid. went into the yard in rumford when it was still heaps of 4ft wood. she will remember these trips, I hope you bought her a good lunch!
She had cheese popcorn and dove chocolate at 7 this morning!! Pizza, curly fries and a fountain soda with a splash of each flavor in cup for lunch!

Ricker

She will remember for sure.  I can remember first trip to Jay, sitting in the scale house, like it was yesterday but it was June 1977.  Had a flat on the way back to the yard for second load, I had to spin the new wheel while Dad did some adjusting underneath.  Dad was a bit on the *pithed side, we took the truck home and went fishing the rest of the day. Was a great day far as I was concerned.  Life's about the memories.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

barbender

Sounds like a good day to me! My 11 year old daughter came and rode in the forwarder with me the other day, she wanted to come check out the new machine😊
Too many irons in the fire

coxy

Quote from: Woodhauler on June 30, 2017, 08:45:00 PM
Quote from: Maine372 on June 30, 2017, 08:37:41 PM
She had cheese popcorn and dove chocolate at 7 this morning!! Pizza, curly fries and a fountain soda with a splash of each flavor in cup for lunch!
why do grand parents do that hop them all up on sweets  then send them home  :)  did she have as much fun as grandpa  ;D

wannaergo

I loved riding in the truck with my dad when I was a kid. He bought me a little hatchet, so when he was loading I would go cut down little trees. I still remember our traditional lunch... hot stuff pizza, code red Mountain Dew and a zebra cake. Just about every night in the summer I would ask what mill he was going to, and if it was one where I could stay in the truck, I was there. Definitely the highlight of my summers. I think he corrupted me though.. I was supposed to go to college, but now I'm a logger for life (hopefully)
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

GRANITEstateMP

[/quote]

Woodhauler,

We know that's your usual lunch we want to know what she had!  ;D
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Thank You Sponsors!