iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Friends and loved ones passing away........

Started by Grizzly, June 29, 2017, 03:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger2561

I lost my mom a bit over 32 years ago to breast cancer.  She never drank any alcoholic beverages and she never smoked.  I was working the 2nd shift at the time and I was the one who took her to the hospital for her chemo treatments.  I'm glad I was able to do that for her.  She fought the cancer for about 3 years before it took her life.  It was 11 years ago in late March that we lost dad.  He suffered with emphysema, he never wanted any intervention.  I remember bringing the pick up to house door and helping dad get in so I could bring him to church.  Everyday it seemed like he was getting weaker and weaker until he took the last breath.  Watching both my parents suffer the way they did always left a mark on me.  I get a bit consolation from knowing they are once again together in heaven.  Although I have 8 siblings, my dad was very lonely after my mom died and I believe that's the reason he didn't want any intervention.  RIP mom and dad!  Roger     
Roger

Holmes

I think the sadness is the hardest thing to deal with.  Anything can trigger an emotional " moment". And that moment can be for a moment or hours or longer. We all deal with it differently. I kept myself very busy for over a year and thought I was moving on, but I found out I had to face my emotions. Maybe we can get over the emotions maybe not, but the loved one{s} always be in our mind{s}.
Think like a farmer.

Grizzly

I was 20yrs old when Dad died. Not a very good age to have impressed ones parents with much of anything and I was not one of the finest in the land. I was pretty bitter about losing my dad so young, but one day while Mom, one sister, and I were sitting around and remembering him (we were laughing, crying, and remembering all that he gave to our lives) Mom just looked at me and asked if I wanted him back. Well I thought on that for a moment and remembered how active he'd been in years before and how his health kept him from enjoying life. A walk to the barn wore him out. I looked back at Mom and said no. He's happy as can be in eternity. I learned that the best way to move on is to remember them and not be afraid of the emotions that memories bring. Not so happy times along with the best of times. It was all part of his legacy. A great man and I loved him.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

newoodguy78

Grizzly

Cindy's sitting with mom-in-law at the hospital. Stepdad has been on the ambulance a couple of times and now their holding him. Still doing some tests but it's not looking good. We were visiting about it and while we'd like to see him around he's had a good long life and he's wore out. He's satisfied and says he's ready to go so why do we get selfish and want him to stay? Anyway, it's beyond our control so we'll just see what life serves us. He's been a good friend even though things started out kinda rocky.

coxy

rjwoelk

My mom 97 pulled something in her back a month ago, she is slowly getting better , but my older sister says her breathing is getting bad and wonders if she will make it to christmas. She has told me so many times she just wants to go home.  So many of her relatives have past on as well as friends, she has a sister inlaw still living but thats it.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Magicman

Spend as much time as possible with your Mom, and honor her wishes.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Grizzly

2nd what MM said.

We have mom-in-law here for a few days. We went to BC for a very quick trip (we're right in the middle of harvest and it's a short season for us up north) as Cindy's stepdad passed away and we wanted to be there. It continues to surprise the family how he came to mean so much to us even though he really didn't take part in our lives in a large way. He passed peacefully and left his family with good memories. Now we'll support mom and make sure she is ok.

rjwoelk

Yes i phone her 2 or 3 time a week, when on the road and if up in Saskatoon try and drop in to see her. She has a living will that no resusatation is to be used, so my sisters who look in on her daily have let the folks at the complex she is in know that.
Had a cousin whos husband had a bad head injury, was like a 8 year old  and poor memory for 17 years, had a no resusatation order, the Doc did not follow it and brought him back, his comment was no one was dieing on his watch. He lived another 5 years tube fed diapers etc. Thats no life.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

pineywoods

I'm dealing with another heartache. Life-long friend (we go back 70 years) passed away sat. Sawmiller, runs 3 woodmizers from a wheelchair with hired help. FF member slysam, but never very active. I did all the maintenance on his mills for decades..He left all his mills to a younger brother, so now I get calls from him. It's hard to wrench on his equipment , knowing he's no longer there...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Chuck White

Sorry to hear of your loss of another friend and a Forestry Forum member, Piney!

My condolences to all!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sawguy21

I haven't been able to talk about it without falling apart. Karen lost her battle with cancer September 19, it was peaceful and quick. Her breathing changed and stopped before the staff could call me. I will miss her for the rest of my life but am comforted that she is no longer in pain and I no longer have to provide round the clock care. I am physically and mentally worn out. Paul_H, his wonderful wife Carla and other friends are really helping me cope.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

sawguy21,that is sad sad news. I will be thinking of you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Grizzly

My condolences sawguy. It's difficult and I'm glad to hear others are there for you.

DanG

Sawguy, I'm so very sorry to hear of Karen's passing. I can only imagine the heartbreak you are dealing with.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Runningalucas

I appreciate the posts here; I'm going through a similar situation as others here.  It helps to know others have gone through similar, and relate; I'm not alone(YEAH!).
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

rjwoelk

Sawguy My condolances as well.
Would like to stop in sometime I am up your way, do get a trip through there once in a while. I believe you live near to the food and tourist spot on the highway? The Log barn?

sawguy21

I am in Enderby now, landlord decided to retire early and renovate the house. It has been a rough month.

coxy

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Logger RK

My condolences. I understand how your feeling. I lost my 28 year old Son,Andy 7 months ago in a ATV accident. Him and his Brothers were Logging with me the last couple years. It was pretty hard when we did some chip loads after that happened. It took about the 3rd load before I could see better. Andy used to Skid to me to feed the chipper. I haven't taken His stuff out of pickup yet. He'd usually ride with me to the woods in the winter. I been Logging by myself this summer. Sometimes I think it's best to be alone. Andy was a Organ Donor. We just got a letter today from the person that received His Liver. I haven't read it yet. Not sure when I will be able to.

sawguy21

Thank you for the support, I really appreciate it. This is hard enough but I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child for no good reason even if he was an adult. RK, I am sure it will get easier for both of us as time goes on but we will just have to wait it out.

Grizzly

I haven't been active in the Forum for a couple of years mainly because my helper/sawyer left for other opportunities and I'm glad for her and her work where she is. But I'm here again.

My wonderful sister who never married and so became much closer to a couple of us siblings and many of her nieces and nephews passed away Feb 1 from a very rapid cancer. If she hadn't been such a rock in our lives it wouldn't be so traumatic but she was our doctor, nurse, counselor, friend, adviser, and many more descriptions. It was very hard on Mom to have a child go Home before her but they said their goodbyes and Joan apologized for leaving early and Mom forgave her for the same. Watching that scene was probably one of the most emotional things I have ever seen. She worked on the palliative ward for 16 years but only got to stay there for 2 days when it was her turn to be a patient. I am thankful that my sister and I were able to be by her bedside to the end. There is so much more to her story but ........ not here I suppose. Anyway thanks for listening.

Lyle

Thank You Sponsors!