iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Shed Project

Started by ncsawyer, June 26, 2017, 11:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncsawyer

I haven't been on the forum much the past few months, but have certainly been busy with the mill.  One of my projects has been adding a 3 sided lean-to on my 16x16 two-story barn.  The addition will be used to house 3 show lambs for the kids.  The lambs will be picked up next week.  I am almost ready for them.  Just need to build stall doors and floor the loft above the pens.

I put metal around the bottom so the splash from the drip line of the barn would not rot my siding.
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

Savannahdan

Looks great. Bet the kids are excited.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

btulloh

Nice lean-to. Good looking lumber too.

Did you flash the roof where it meets the b&b or just trust the overhang?

Keep us posted on the lambs. I bet the kids will enjoy that project.
HM126

ncsawyer

Quote from: btulloh on June 26, 2017, 03:41:00 PM
Nice lean-to. Good looking lumber too.

Did you flash the roof where it meets the b&b or just trust the overhang?

Keep us posted on the lambs. I bet the kids will enjoy that project.

For now I am trusting the overhang, but it needs flashing.  I will get to that once the pens are finished.
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

btulloh

I'd like to know a good way to flash that to the b&b siding.  I haven't figured out a good way.  I'm also curious about your girts and braces.  I can't quite see how they're done in the picture, but it looks real good.  Are they bookshelf girts? and is there some kind of lap joint where the girt and brace meet?  Looks real good.
HM126

ncsawyer

I tried to zoom in on the braces.  My girts are 2x10s and are mounted to the outside of my 6x6 posts.  The braces are also mounted on the outside of the post, so they are in the same plane as the girts and meet and contact the girt on the bottom.  There is a 1x6 on the outside of the brace that ties it to the girts.

The siding on the 16x16 two story barn is not B&B.  It was supposed to be, but I never put the bats on it.  So flashing should be pretty easy.  After I get it flashed I plan to run another layer of 3/4" siding and let it overlap the flashing. 
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

btulloh

I see.  In the first pictures it sort of looked like the girts and braces were in the same plane as the poles. 
HM126

samandothers

Very nicely done!  Since I did not have siding on before doing the shed I will place flashing under the boards and on top of metal roof.

barbender

Super job, it looks great!👍👍👍
Too many irons in the fire

Geeg

Nice job and fine workmanship ncsawyer!
Retired Airbus 380 Captain. Timberking 2200,  Kioti RX6010PC,  Nyle Kiln KD250, Polaris WV850

Planman1954

Great effort! It will serve y'all a lifetime.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Thank You Sponsors!