iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sick of 353, change to perkins

Started by mf2200treever, June 26, 2017, 09:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver05262

Yeah. They had a Vermont Division, with a main terminal on Dorset Street in So. Burlington, a terminal in Fair Haven, and the one in Bennington, where I worked part-time in the winters for seven years. Good company, had good shops and took care of their equipment and people. Safety was a high priority, and if you did your part, they recognized that.
    They paid by the trip, using post office miles, and that made for some uneven pay rates. Example: the Port of Albany is a big place, but all trips from there were figured the same. Mobil was the first terminal you came to, and before security tightened up, you could swing in there around the office to the rack, top load, and be out of there and headed East in 12-15 minutes. Sears terminal (they stored a lot of fuel for Agway)is a long way down 32 in Selkirk, slow to load, and paid the same to Bennington. Guess which trips the part-time guys got. We had a couple of Mobil customers in Bennington that you could turn 4 trips in 12 hours---Agway might take you 4 hours or better each one.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Thank You Sponsors!