iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Victory!

Started by Jeff, June 26, 2017, 07:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

This entire spring, I've been fighting robin's trying to nest on my pole barn security light. Almost every day I have to knock grass and mud down. Until today. I found something that stops them in mid flight. They drop what they are carrying and leave for parts unknown.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

fishpharmer

Bathing will never be the same without it. ;D ;)   Congrats!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

petefrom bearswamp

They can be very persistent.
Great solution Jeff.
I saw a post on here about relocating a nest and tried it.
One was nesting on my extension ladder and I needed to use it so I built a small shelf and my grandson took the ladder down and put the nest on the shelf in nearly the same place.
She was back on the nest in about 20 minutes.
The nest had one tiny chick and one egg in it.
Robins also love my mill bldg.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Savannahdan

Jeff:  You left the passenger door open on the pickup in the shed.  You'll run down your battery with the dome light running. :D
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

WDH

I raced that duck (and lost  :)). 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

BRD, Barn of the Rubber Ducky
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WV Sawmiller

Real classy fix. i like it.

They are persistent and fast builders. I knocked down 6 in my wood storage barn a week ago. I gave 6-8 eggs to my granddaughter (Which thrilled her mom who threatened to fire me as a grandpa till I reminded her I could not be fired as slaves have to be sold). I left the one nest with 2 hatched birds till they leave. I see another one with young birds in my boat house that i knocked down twice earlier in the year. They seem to be able to rebuild almost overnight and I did not catch them in time they rebuilt. Same thing - when little one leave I'll remove it too.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Savannahdan on June 26, 2017, 07:47:04 AM
Jeff:  You left the passenger door open on the pickup in the shed.  You'll run down your battery with the dome light running. :D
He's been robbed!

Someone put his truck up on jack stands and stole his wheels! :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

I thought it was hover truck :D
Good idea with the duck.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

It's stuck on the stands for now. I tore the front hubs down to start work on the front brakes and found the wheel cylinders don't fit. Sent them back for exchange.

Jeff

Ljohnsaw

:D

Sorry, just too funny.  I have some blue jays that keep building in the exhaust vent of my water heater up on my property.

Maybe need some double stick foam tape?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

BradMarks

Looks like the birds got Round 2 ;D  Scheduled for 15 or are you going for the KO!

Jeff

Reinforcements have arrived. I attached this one with "goop".

BradMarks

Either you dressed that one up or you are guilty of having at least two rubber duckies. And now the song....NO :D

coxy

:D :D the only trouble is  robins like the color purple

Jeff

I have several rubber duckies left over from last years duck races at the pigroast.

Thank You Sponsors!