iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Winch Help with wiring.

Started by sawwood, June 24, 2017, 07:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawwood

I bought a old HF 3000LB winch, but it didn't have the solenoid and I need a wiring diagram to wire it up. Looked on HF and internet but no luck.
Does any have the wiring diagram for this winch, its model 91781 or know how it wired up?

Sawwood 
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Ox

Is there only a black and red wire coming out of the winch?  If so you need a winch solenoid and winch rocker switch kit.  That kit will likely have the way to wire it in the box.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

sawwood

I have a switch and all the wiring to the winch, i ordered a solenoid but no wiring diagram. the switch has 3 wires
going To The solenoid. Two have bullet connector so that it matches the wires out of the solenoid, but the one
is blue and not sure where it goes. Is that a ground wire? I looked on HF and I see the wiring diagram but you
can't read it. There are two types of solenoid, one has 2 wires and some have 3. Called HF but they where not much help. Sure would wish I had the old old one to match the new one.

Sawwood
18" planer/molder

JV

The best I can figure out from the drawing is the two with bullet connectors are for power out and one for power in.  The third goes on top of the solenoid to the red positive lead from the battery to power the other two on the switch.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Ox

I guess I would just start trying different places and momentarily touch it.  If it's wrong it just won't work.  There's not enough juice going through those little switch wires to fry anything.  This is just what I, ME, MYSELF would try.  I'm not saying it's right.  :D
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

sawwood

Kbeitz I checked out the winch I have and its a magnet type motor that this relay will work. I order one on eBay and will see if it will work. If not then no
loss and will try other relays. Thanks for the info guys.

Sawwood
18" planer/molder

Savannahdan

You might look at the owners manual for a similar HF winch on their website.  Their 3500lb winch manual does have a wiring diagram in it.  Good luck.  I have a Dayton winch and having a similar problem.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Kbeitz

Quote from: sawwood on June 26, 2017, 10:16:13 AM
Kbeitz I checked out the winch I have and its a magnet type motor that this relay will work. I order one on eBay and will see if it will work. If not then no
loss and will try other relays. Thanks for the info guys.

Sawwood

Yes ... It will work fine...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!