iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Framing lumber

Started by vfauto, June 24, 2017, 06:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vfauto

I am cutting a bunch of pine into framing lumber to build a kiln , what happens if I do not sticker it and I just stack and weight it?
The definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over and expect a different result!

Ianab

Mushroom farm.  :-\

All sorts of weird fungus will start growing in it if it's dead stacked, within days if the weather is warm.

You can build with green wood, and let it dry in place, as long as it's not enclosed it will dry in place.

Best to either build right away, or sticker it to start drying, for later use. If it's just for construction use it's OK to use green stickers that you make from edgings as you are sawing. You might get some stain, but it wont matter, and you wont get mushrooms.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

fishfighter

Down here in the south, green stacking will have mold growth in just about one day at this time of the year. Learn that the hard way. >:(

I have nailed it up green with no problems. If you can keep your kiln build out the weather, that pine will dry a lot faster.

Bruno of NH

Still need to sticker it.  Imo
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!