iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cable skidder parts availability?

Started by gman98, June 23, 2017, 04:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman98

Hello guys.  I've been looking at a few used cable skidders lately but am leery about what I consider buying because of parts availability.  What machines are parts easy to come by?

Thanks
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

coxy

don't buy a pettibone  :) cat jd tj clark treefarmer franklin tigercat you should have  no trouble  not shur about a prentice

KGTC4D

lots of parts for Tree Farmer at Davco in Farmington

BargeMonkey

Depends what model, yr and series machine your looking at ? Right now you can buy a "larger" machine in better shape, sometimes cheaper than you can buy a "440-225-230" size. The deals on decent iron in the 15-35k region are all over for skidders right now, alot of guys are downsizing, getting out or going under.
Can't go wrong with a Jack, I don't know much about the real early stuff but the parts are everywhere, alot of the minor stuff is available at Napa / online. Nothing wrong with a newer franklin, I had a 405 and it would eat a 440D/540D for lunch, parts are around if you know who to call, alot of that stuff was off the shelf also. The super low hr barn find C-D series 440's are being scooped up and overpriced. Your part of the world is tough on certain things, tired iron sometimes brings more.

gman98

Pretty much looking at tree farmer c4's and c5's, Timberjacks 208's-230's, and some franklin 105's to 130's.

Thanks
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

bushmechanic

As BargeMonkey said can't go wrong with a Timberjack! Tree Farmer aren't bad either and both are about as cheap as parts go.

Thank You Sponsors!