iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl 066 rl ignition prob

Started by Mulligrub73, June 22, 2017, 08:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulligrub73

Hi all, I'm restoring a Stihl 066 red light or flat top & am having trouble working out which coil is compatible with the original flywheel? Any help will be awesome 👍

blueberrymuzik

If you are looking for the p/n of the originals, the flywheel was 1122 400 1215 and the coil was 1122 400 1307.

Canadiana

What are the notable differnces between the flat and curve top? Good to see a rebuild thread!! Best if luck
The saw is more fun than the purpose of the wood... the forest is trembling 🌳

Mulligrub73

Thanks for the part numbers, I'll head down to the dealers & see if we can cross reference a new coil. Thanks again 👍

Mulligrub73

I'm no expert on the difference, but I know my old girl has no decompression button like the newer models, & the "flat top" refers to the shape of the top cover. That's about all I know. I'll keep you posted on my progress

ZeroJunk

The red light coil is no longer available. If your flywheel has two slots X and Y you can use a standard coil and change the slot. If not you will have to buy an aluminum flywheel with two slots.

Mulligrub73

Cheers mate, I threw a flywheel & coil (off a 064 of around the same vintage) and it ran perfectly ( after spending ten years in a box branded unfixable by a saw shop).as you said the flywheel had  2 key ways . Looking at the flywheel with the key ways at the top, use the key way on the left. Off to find a flywheel & compatible coil now so I can put my mates 064 back together. Thanks for your help.

Canadiana

Great to hear an innocent prisoner was finally released
The saw is more fun than the purpose of the wood... the forest is trembling 🌳

Thank You Sponsors!