iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tropical Storm Cindy

Started by Magicman, June 22, 2017, 02:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Cindy made landfall and now will progress East toward the Atlantic.  We suffered our first "casualty" which was caused by the wind and water soaked ground.

Yup, our top heavy Fig tree lost it's perch and down it went.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Briankinley2004

We haven't got much off the thing. 3/4" of rain and some 25 knot wind so far   In fact it stopped this pm long enough for me to saw an order of white oak for trailer boards

bucknwfl

It has rained almost non stop for three days. Ground is saturated, creeks have rose and ponds are over flowing.  Water spout came on shore and found all the bad or decayed trees and pushed them over on power lines.  We have been busssssy!

Thanks

Buck
If it was easy everybody would be doing it

Darrel

Sorry that you lost a tree and a fruit tree at that. I can't help but wonder though if that log is big enough so that you can try sawing fig.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

21incher

Can you prop it up and at least save part of the crop? :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

coxy

Quote from: Darrel on June 22, 2017, 11:12:40 PM
Sorry that you lost a tree and a fruit tree at that. I can't help but wonder though if that log is big enough so that you can try sawing fig.
was thinking the same

Magicman

The top is much too heavy with fruit to attempt to stand it back up right now.  Since the roots are still holding on the low side, yes an attempt will be made to salvage this old tree.  It went over during Hurricane Katrina, so this is not it's first rodeo.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

Cindy has about passed on through, but she left me a calling card. 24 inch dbh black oak right across my drive way. A few degrees to the right and it would have gotten my house. The root ball almost got the mail box...Already have more firewood than I need, but "waste not, want not". There's one good log in the trunk...

update
Sat morning, I awoke to the sound of chainsaws and tractors. Found this crew, all neighbors in my yard. By noon, the tree was gone, firewood stored, and stump dug out. I have more good neighbors than any man has a right to..BUT I'm keepin every one of them.

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Raider Bill

I hope that crap is long gone by Sunday when my bike, dog and I leave for Tennessee and our 2 week smokey mountain riding vacation.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

Piney, that is where I parked the RV when we visited you and Nelda.   :o

pineywoods

Quote from: Magicman on June 23, 2017, 03:44:30 PM
Piney, that is where I parked the RV when we visited you and Nelda.   :o
Yup,exactly. Saturated ground and a stiff west wind, and over she went..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Briankinley2004

The last of the thing moved on through this am here but a cold front mixed with it and caused some bad stuff north of us. I came home and sawed some 1x17 siding out of gum for the camp. I figured it will stay green enough til we nail it up Tuesday. Sure enough it started raining here about 9 pm and knocked me out of watching Hannity. Looks like the rain is coming from the north east towards us which is odd. Must be some circulation left in it. We got more rain in volume tonight than the entire storm. Hopefully it will pass tonight. I have a back log of logs I need to cut as I plan to stop once the heat gets intolerable which will be soon

Magicman

We had noise and more rain last night, but it looks like that last of Cindy will pass us today.

Thank You Sponsors!