iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

North West tour

Started by snowstorm, June 19, 2017, 09:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

So far I have tried this 3 times. The internet on this ship is terrible. Sitting on the rear deck in Juneau. Nice scenery but it is a tourist trap
.scagway  tomorrow

LAZERDAN

Your going north.   Go to the hardware store in skagway and lookout for the jewelry stores.  It rained hard the whole time we were there.  Hope the weather is better for you   Lazerdan

Crusarius

I have done 2 alaska cruises. loved both. Would move up there in a heartbeat.

I made it a point on my second cruise, every time we stopped I would go to the I don't know what you call it but was naturalist office I guess.

They would always point me in the direction of some amazing hikes and kool history. Since I am a volunteer firefighter I also made it a point to hit all the local fire departments. Some of the stories are amazing. I never thought about the lack of mutual aid. They are lucky if mutual aid can get to them in 2 hours.

snowstorm

Just got to white horse.

snowstorm

Not much interest and spotty internet

thecfarm

Going to have some pictures?  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

florida

I'd trade places with you, spotty internet and all! We were going to do the inland passage cruise a few years ago but chickened out. I think I was worried about getting seasick.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

snowstorm

Seas were flat all the way up.no chance of getting seasick. Juneau was ok scagway was the same. One big tourist trap. Mostly owned by Holland america.one nite in white horse then a all day bus ride to Dawson. Again mostly owned by ha. Or it appears to. Haunt seen any of the gold rush tv guys yet. Some of it is filmed here.3 hrs till we fly to fairbanks

Magicman

Keep on having fun and seeing the sights.  Member Bill Gaiche is in Fairbanks and who knows where GAB is right now??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Grizzly

Got an email from Gerald (GAB) this morning. They've been to the circle and are now on their way towards Anchorage. Sounds like their having a good time so we'll have to hope for a report once their home.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

snowstorm

Flew from Dawson to fairbanks today. In the am we get back on the bus to denali. I am not looking forward to the 8 he ride on the school bus. The critter count so far is 1 bear brown 1 whale and lots of eagles. Question for the gold rush fans. Dose Parker drive a red Ford raptor with the grille pushed in? According the locals Tony is around there at times

Magicman

The school bus ride will be well worth the butt log ache.  You will see plenty of animals.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

snowstorm

I hope your rite. We did go on the white pass and Yukon railroad. Out of scagway  . About a 2 he ride threw the mountains. The bus met us at customs. Most customs guys are pretty by the book. When we came threw customs in fairbanks today. He looked at my passport an says your from maine I used to live 40 miles from you. He look at my wife's an says oh your from away......mass

Magicman

You traveled NW to Alaska, and we are traveling NE to.......Maine.   :)

snowstorm

If you get to the northern mid coast let me know

Magicman

We probably will be traveling Hwy 1 through that area.  Hopefully we can find a campground in the Ellsworth area, because I doubt that we can anywhere on that South loop through Bar Harbor.

snowstorm

If you are coming up rt 1 you will not be far away. My boat is in Belfast if you would like to take in the view from the wayer

Magicman

I'll try to send you a PM when we get close.

GAB

Quote from: Magicman on June 22, 2017, 02:26:27 PM
Keep on having fun and seeing the sights.  Member Bill Gaiche is in Fairbanks and who knows where GAB is right now??

Last night we were in Homer and tonight we are in Palmer.
Stopped in and visited with Parker Rittgers yesterday morning in Anchorage.
Saw a bevel sider up close, and an MP100 molding head, as well as numerous other items.
Hope to be back in Whitehorse either Mon. or Tues.
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

GAB

Quote from: Grizzly on June 22, 2017, 03:48:40 PM
Got an email from Gerald (GAB) this morning. They've been to the circle and are now on their way towards Anchorage. Sounds like their having a good time so we'll have to hope for a report once their home.

So far I think we have taken over 1000 pictures, scenery, wildlife, plaques, etc.
Since I have never put a photo on the FF I hope someone can assist me at the PR and show me how it is done.
Gerald
P.S. Yes some of our photos did make it onto the FF compliments of MM.
See the Grits saga of 2014.
Thanks Ray for being a good sport.
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

snowstorm

After the bus ride threw denali. The critter count went up. It's a long ride 120 miles round trip

snowstorm

More to come gotta be on schule

snowstorm

The park tour was yesterday . It's a long ride on a school bus. We went in 62 miles.we did see 1 bear a half mile away sound asleep on the side of a mountain. A few caribiou some sheep and 1 moose. Today we took the train from denilea to anchorage. It took 8 hrs and may have been the best part of the trip. It was a double deck car all glasses in. Plenty of room nice lunch. Saw a few sheep and 30 or more moose

Magicman

Was the mountain "out"?

snowstorm

No it was in the clouds. We thought there was hope for it Sunday on the train.  The clouds were higher the sun was out. Still didn't see it

Thank You Sponsors!