iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New bed old truck ?

Started by MartyParsons, June 19, 2017, 05:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyParsons

Hello,
   Purchased a new bed for our 2008 F 350. The original bed has been good, R title on the truck so it has some putty, and I made a mistake and moved a bed section of a mill to a customer and it unloaded it by its self.
The questions is. Rhino Lining? I can also get Rhino sprayed under the fenders and cross sections that seem to have a short life due to salt and other chemicals on the road.

Do you think it is worth the investment?

Thanks for your input.

"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Bruno of NH

Yes I have seen it done in the wheel wells and it help greatly with rust.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

dgdrls

Hi Marty,

If its only a couple, 3 hundred$$ I would,  damned road chemicals are brutal.
You could get the do-it yourself kit,  may as well do the rear half of the truck
while the bed is off,

D

Kbeitz

Don't forget to coat your brakes and gas line.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

thechknhwk

It may be cheaper to have the whole truck undercoated than to rhino line or line-x the bottom of the box.  The undercoaters around here with a good reputation do it for around $400 while the line-x dealer just got me for $800 for an over the rail spray in liner.  Plus the undercoating would be shot in the rust prone areas like inside the bottoms of the doors and tailgate.  I hope to get mine done before winter, but I've been saying that for 2 years....

Crusarius

The worst spot on ford beds is on top of the inner fenders. no way to get the crap out of there so it just eats through from the inside. You may be able to spray it really good while it is off the truck I would highly recommend some serious coating there what ever you decide.

Bruno of NH

Do you get your truck oil under coated every year ?
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

tule peak timber

I had my F250 Rhino lined in 1995 and replaced the bed last year. The Rhino lining was fine , but I had just crushed the bed flat with logs so many times the thing was shot. The frame was also broken in a couple of spots. Prior to logging I used the truck to haul 6000lbs of ice and fish to market every couple of days for  years......Rhino lining? Well, make your own judgement.  Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

woodworker9

I had mine done by Line-X.  Very happy with it.  It makes a big difference up here in Chicagoland with all the salt they put on the highways and roads.
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

Thank You Sponsors!