iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I wonder what a mink hide is worth

Started by WV Sawmiller, December 07, 2016, 09:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmbrcruiser

I can remember the 70's too, muskrat were $8.50 browns and $9.50 for blacks. Young and dumb but had plenty of fun.
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

rjwoelk

Quote from: tmbrcruiser on December 14, 2016, 10:06:07 PM
I can remember the 70's too, muskrat were $8.50 browns and $9.50 for blacks. Young and dumb but had plenty of fun.

Yup and the tree hugers were not to plentiful yet. :D
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

petefrom bearswamp

The only things I trap are the mice at my camp in the Adirondacks, but sometimes there are lots of them.
I dont know how long it will take to skin one but I think a pelt may be worth about .01 cent if it is prime.
How many to make a coat or even a stole.
Maybe a doily?
A mouse felt cap?
All tongue in cheek of course.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WV Sawmiller

I was going to get rich raising possums and selling the hides. They will eat anything so I could raise them on restaurant scraps and road kill. I had a buddy who was a bio-engineer and he was going to cross them with snakes so they would shed their own hides and no killing or skinning required then the fur market went south so I bought a sawmill instead.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

coxy

Stoneyacrefarm

The first mink I caught in the early eighties was worth 35 bucks.
Muskrats brought me ten bucks and coons were about 18 bucks across the board.
Fox back then were 80 dollars if they were put up correctly.
Between trapping and digging ginseng all summer I had a nice little back account at the end of the year.
Prices are far from that now.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Thank You Sponsors!