The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

The Largest Inventory of Used Chainsaw Parts in the World

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Central Boiler Edge 750 Titanium  (Read 475 times)

Offline Logging logginglogging

• I'm new!
Central Boiler Edge 750 Titanium
« on: June 18, 2017, 09:55:46 pm »
So My new boiler is on the way, I am pretty excited and will install it over the summer. I have never really done step by step update post but I think I will give it a try, I am very excited to get it installed and have heard really great things about it. I will take pictures and do the best I can to tell everyone about it.
It will be at my dealer around Thursday, but unfortunately I will be out of town so I will not be able to take delivery until the following week.

Offline Roger2561

• Love the outdoors
Re: Central Boiler Edge 750 Titanium
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 06:12:16 am »
logging, etc...  I'll be following this thread.  I just finished my 6th season heating my home with an E-Classic 1400 and DHW and I know nothing lasts forever.  I hope to get another 3 or 4 years out it before I have to replace it.  Heck, I have a professional welder/metal fabricator making a new air channel for the 1400 due to it coming part at the welds and cracking in many areas.  I had to make a trip to my dealer for a new test kit and looked over the Edge 750; very impressive and looks to be much easier to maintain and clean.  Roger     

Offline DDW_OR

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 12:08:46 pm »
here is a link to my 750 install. it is not the Titanium
http://www.forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,92218.0/all.html#top
TimberKing 2000, Mahindra 5520 4x4, Max22 4x4, Bobcat Excavator 331, E80, Multitek 1610EZ
"let the machines do the work"

• I'm new!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 09:41:19 pm »
Well!! My new boiler was delivered today, I promptly went to the web address on the sticker on it and registered for my warranty . It was awesome that i could register this easy, but the date of purchase field on the page did have a bug. It says it takes a date in this format dd\mm\yy but will actually only accept a date in this format dd\mm\yyyy. Took a few tries to figure that out. The boiler seems really well made. If a 750 edge has recently been shipped, and you find the bypass lever a bit hard to use, make sure that the cleaning mechanism (accessed through the rear Chimney Tee) is pulled all the way back Toward the back of the boiler, they can slide forward into cleaning position during shipping and cause the bypass lever to bind. No big deal! I am now reading all the great documentation that has come with the boiler. Hopefully I can begin installation soon. Really liking the way it looks, smaller footprint than my previous boiler and with a really modern attractive design..

Offline DDW_OR

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 12:52:52 pm »
I painted the lever white
TimberKing 2000, Mahindra 5520 4x4, Max22 4x4, Bobcat Excavator 331, E80, Multitek 1610EZ

Offline boilerman101

• Full Member x2
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 12:29:04 am »
Logging - I really like the look of the new CB Edge from what I've seen. Some nice updates over my 2010 model Eclassic 2400. I look forward to hearing your comments on it after running the older 2300 which had less features than mine. Should be quite an upgrade. Are you putting the XP wifi on it? I wouldn't be without it after having it. $200 well spent in my opinion.

• I'm new!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 08:40:31 am »
I will eventually put the XP on it I just don't have the money now after this purchase. I was going to use my current ThermoPEX location going into the back of the boiler and "make it work" by routing it around the inside base of the new boiler, however It's brand new boiler that I plan to have for years to come so i decided to "make it right" and dig up and reroute my ThermoPEX to the correct side of boiler entrance location. Since I didn't want to damage my ThermoPEX, and the power wire buried with it I had to do all the digging with a shovel being very very careful. I had it buried about 4 feet deep and I also had built a wood shed over it so I had to tunnel under my wood shed as well. This was quite a bit of work, but I believe worth it. I have now run the pipe as needed but have yet to hook everything up and finish back filling.
Also, I believe the next thing I will invest in is a domestic water heating side arm. Since the whole system will be drained to allow for fresh water and fresh treatment for the new boiler it is the best time to do it.

Offline DDW_OR

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 01:17:00 pm »
...........so i decided to "make it right" and dig up and reroute my ThermoPEX to the correct side of boiler entrance location. .........but have yet to hook everything up and finish back filling.............

add a 1.5 inch empty plastic pipe for future use, comes in a 300 foot role