The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: SOLD Used Woodmizer LT40 Super 40 for sale SOLD  (Read 2974 times)

Offline Chris Burchfield

• Senior Member x2
SOLD Used Woodmizer LT40 Super 40 for sale SOLD
« on: June 17, 2017, 08:24:41 am »
 2005 Mill is a Super LT40 HDD with Trailer package, New Tires w/spare, Remote Command Control on end (no walking back and forth with the saw head.) Autoclutch, Hydraulic loader, clamp, claw turner, roller toe boards. Debarker, New Lubemizer tubing & New pump. Board drag back. New Lubemizer tank & New Fuel tank. Covers for the Accuset 3.05 & Engine. Twice the speed of the standard hydraulic mill. 197.7 actual hours on the mill.  I've not advertised anywhere.  I had to replace the Lubemizer tubing and replace the Lubemizer pump.  I also had to get the Board Drag back accessory working and change the engine oil, oil filter & air filter.  I have a Woodmizer Flyer advertising an LT Super W/Command Control with a 35 HP gas engine for $37,295 before accessories.  I think $30,400 "Reduced"  $28,000 is a fair price based on the added accessories and actual usage.  I paid near $40,000. I have the original Woodmizer Certificate for the mill and all the Manuals that came with it. Home Phone w/ answering machine (901 754-8251) Cell phone (901) 647-9302.  Some of the best people in the world reside here on the Forestry Forum.  It is where I picked up a lot of my knowledge.  That's why I chose to list it here.  Chris Burchfield, Memphis Tennessee.
I spoke with Archie @ Woodmizer.  He looked up my mill and said it is worth up to $33,400.

I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF POSTING AN AD ON THE FORESTRY FORUM. 
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Offline Chris Burchfield

• Senior Member x2
Re: Woodmizer LT40 Super 40 Cat/Perkins W/Accessories
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 07:36:55 pm »
Okay Guys & Gales, eleven days, no runs, no hits, no errors, no comment.  I thought it was a fair price, I need to move the mill.  With my psoriasis it just doesn't work.  The ointment washes off from sweat after a couple of hours.  It only gets worse but won't go into it further.  When I ordered the mill I knew I would only get older.  That's why I ordered the Super & hydraulics.  I had four jobs that paid good with just me.  This mill will work four or five people hard all day on 5 -7 gallons of diesel.  Can someone make a reasonable offer?  Regardless, 5% goes to the Forestry Forum on what ever we agree upon. Thank you for your consideration.  Chris Burchfield, Memphis TN.

Offline fishpharmer

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 09:58:23 pm »
Chris, great looking mill, wish I could fit it in my budget now.  I want a remote.  I have no complaints about mine except its not remote.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Offline prittgers

• Full Member x2
  • Wood-Mizer LT50, JD990, Inventor of the Bevelsider
    • AKSawmill.com
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 01:18:48 am »
I have a lot of time operating remote WM machines.  You have something really nice here.  Hope you make a good deal with someone who recognizes the value of a machine like this. 

As of December 31, all diesel powered mills built commercially will require Tier 3 permits.  Take the cost of an option like this and DOUBLE the $4000 cost - to $8000.  It's a 'pass through' cost to the consumer since it is required by the EPA of the manufacturers.

Most of us are hoping that the President will rescind the burden of regulations that drive the cost of American equipment almost out of reach. 

Obviously, this makes your mill have higher value!

Good luck!

Parker in Alaska
Parker Rittgers
Professional Sawyer, Retired, well, not really !
www.aksawmill.com www.bevelsider.com
prittgers@aksamill.com

Offline Chris Burchfield

• Senior Member x2
Re: Woodmizer LT40 Super 40 Cat/Perkins W/Accessories "REDUCED!"
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 02:42:41 pm »
REDUCED! $28,000.

Offline MbfVA

• I'm new but the shine is fading...
    • Tanglewood Ordinary Country Restaurant
Re: Woodmizer LT40 Super 40 Cat/Perkins W/Accessories "REDUCED!"
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 04:04:25 pm »
 Wish I could afford to go along with my Peterson swing blade (just bought used from someone like you who became medically unable to continue milling), best of both worlds.

I'll keep my ears open in case anyone says something to me.  I'm trying to help someone find a swing blade mill now. If you weren't over 11 hours from me, I'll take a look at it anyway.   If my wife would let me.

I'll add one suggestion regarding buying/selling and taking offers: keep your "attitude guard" down about offers.  It's a bargaining process, and no offer is a bad one, since it can lead to a better one or sometimes when you rethink it, it may just become acceptable.
www.ordinary.com (really); Jim
Always learning & questioning authority
Peterson WPF 10" Hi-Lo w/ 5' slabber
Dougherty RS3000 Tree Saw
Liebherr 621C, Bobcat A300, 430
NH TN90F, Kubota B3000
Polaris 4 seater, JD old gator
Ford/Chevy/Porsche
and a few more...
Did I mention, a very small bank account?

Offline Chris Burchfield

• Senior Member x2
Re: Used Woodmizer LT40 Super 40 for sale
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 06:18:01 pm »
Listed just over a month now @ more than 28% off what I paid for the mill.  2 hours and 3/10's shy of five 40 hour weeks worth of use.  Is there any interest out there for purchase of this mill?

Offline TKehl

• Certified Contrarian
    • Kehlhof Ranch
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 10:32:41 pm »
Interest yes.  Funds....  ::)

Keep your spirits up.  Don't need a lot of interest, just one person with $.   ;)
Lucas 6-13+slabber, Mr. Sawmill bandmill, orange chainsaws, JD SSL, Case Backhoe, farm tractors, trailers, and 150ish acres of trees.  Fledgling woodshop with CNC router, laser engraver, Woodmaster 712, and a Berlin 108 moulder (project).  Oh, and a lovely (patient) wife and four offbearers.

Offline cowdoc87

• Member*
  • I'm new!
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 12:14:40 am »
Chris, I will try to give you a ring tomorrow. Youve got a nice mill. A buyer will come along . Might be me.

Offline Chris Burchfield

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 07:29:09 am »
I have a gentleman I'm meeting with Friday that is going to buy my mill.  Thanks to all who have looked and or shared information on this link.

Offline Chris Burchfield

• Senior Member x2
Re: Used Woodmizer LT40 Super 40 for sale. SOLD
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 10:29:58 pm »
It's a done deal, he drove out of the North end of Ohio, me from Memphis.  We met about half way in Lexington, Ky.  Raining it's dang but off.  On the way up heavy rain, someone hydroplaned into the median.  After the deal was done w/ equipment and cashier's check swapped we both made it back home safe in one piece.  Just before entering Shelby County, saw a terrible wreck on the East bound side of I-40 w/ traffic backed up for miles. Prayers for those involved.  Thanks again FF family.  Chris.

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 09:14:45 am »
I am sorry that your sawing did not pan out but congrats on the sale Chris.  Just curious, how did the buyer find you?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline Chris Burchfield

• Senior Member x2
Re: SOLD Used Woodmizer LT40 Super 40 for sale SOLD
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 09:41:07 am »
He found it here on the FF.  As stated in the first post of this thread "I have not advertised anywhere else."  Reason: "Some of the best people in the world reside here on the Forestry Forum.  It is where I picked up a lot of my knowledge.  That's why I chose to list it here."  I encouraged him to spend more time here at the FF because of the diversity & knowledge available.

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2017, 10:00:32 am »
I was hoping that it would stay in the FF Family.  Congrats to both of you.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline Stoneyacrefarm

• Farmer/Service manager
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2017, 10:54:30 pm »
Chris.
Congratulations on the sale of you mill.
I've been watching it for some time.
Just not quite able to pull the trigger yet.
Good luck

Offline Chris Burchfield

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 03:45:22 pm »
I was the same before I purchased this one Stoneyacrefarm.  Woodmizer first used the Italian diesel Lamberdini, I did not know of the name.  Then they offered the Kubota which I thought was a really good match.  Then came the Caterpillar, and I pulled the trigger.  I wanted the diesel for longevity.