iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Will it work? Couple out of the box hydraulic contraptions

Started by SFires, June 16, 2017, 11:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFires

So I'm really wanting to build a new splitter for my wife's firewood business but like always moneys a little tight but after looking around some I'm pretty sure I've got about everything I need for the most part with a little creative thing.
Supply list- 1 pastor full of every type metal/pipe that one could need (at lest for this project). Several good hefty I beams. A nice piece of steel plate large enough to make several different wedges. An assortment of various sizes rams. Two 11 gpm hydraulic pumps (really wish I had a bigger one). Hydraulic hose's a plenty. And a decent selection of small engines (3-12.5 horses & 1-20 horse).
Ok so here's my first question. Isn't of running one ram would it be possible to use two shorter rams with something like a sliding connection between the two to help the cycle time or would I lose power that way
And second question. I'm planning on running both pumps off one engine using a belt to drive everything so is it possible to plumb both pumps into one hose? Or would it be best to use one pump for the push rams and the other for wedge adjustment/log lift? 
Any thoughts ideas or suggestions would be great as I'm still trying to plan this all out and if my ideas are just plain crazy with no hope of working feel free to tell me I'm just kinda winging it here at the moment anyway
A man can always use more tools, more space,more wood, and a whole lot more time.

york

you only need and want one ram-your idea on this is bad.....

Your HYD. pump should be direct connected to your engine using an adapter....pumps like to be bolted up using an pump adapter...

Keep it simple....
Albert

North River Energy

Do you intend this splitter for primary breakdown; or re-splitting?

Thank You Sponsors!