iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bar oil

Started by ehp, December 02, 2020, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenhighlander

Quote from: Real1shepherd on February 04, 2021, 12:46:53 PM
Quote from: Greenhighlander on February 03, 2021, 01:22:38 PM
My 395xp stays set on max bar oil flow.  By the time it is ready to refuel the bar oil is down to 1/4 left.  

I also want to add another brand of bar oil that I have used and am happy with.  Cobra  
Since the 394/395 is 1st cousin to the 2100...it probably has the oiler with two adjustments;Hi & Low?

It's good that you have a bit of oil left in the tank when your gas runs out. If you have a manual pump too like the 2100, you'll run out of oil before gas using the pump, of course.

Kevin
To tell you the truth I didn't pay anymore attention then turning it to the hi flow when I got it .  I rarely need it to drop trees so it gets mostly used for milling and I figure it is cheaper to have it on max then possibly ruin chains or bars.   
I am also only running a 24" BnC on it so it would run out of oil much faster running something larger I imagine. 

Al_Smith

As far as bar oil Stock and Field has filed for bankruptcy and at least locally has things at 40 percent off .Early this last  fall all they had was Husqvarna bar oil in quart bottles for a kings ransom which of course I didn't buy .With any luck they might have a stash of other bar oil discounted .I'll find out this afternoon .I only use maybe 2 gallons a year and have very seldom in later years did much cutting in cold winter weather .Retired you know 8) 

DHansen

$12.50 to $13.50 at the Husqvarna dealer here for any flavor of Husqvarna bar oil per gallon.  The Stihl orange bottle $11.00 - $12.00 per gallon.  $15.50 blue bottle and $17.00 $19.00 for Platinum.  Fleet Farm 9.99 a gallon.   I have used it all.  Even winter grade pours slow at -7° F.

Al_Smith

It's odd how this thing went .Gasoline jumped from maybe $1.50 a gallon to slightly over $4 a gallon then back to $2 and change .Oil didn't do much until it became on the rise and has never since fallen off . Evidently it's what ever the public can bear  .

Tacotodd

Around here the Stihl dealers get about 12.50 for a gallon for the orange and they won't keep in stock the platinum bottle except for 1, and he has only got those in qt size. I'm not going to bite on a quart, since when I start running my saws I usually run a lot more than that, but not the full case of gallons that he would make me buy.
Trying harder everyday.

Al_Smith

On that Stihl branded oil my bud has a deal with a local Stihl dealer .He buys pallet loads when the dealer puts in an order because in large quantities it becomes cheaper for both of them .He is in the tree trimming business so he goes through a lot of bar oil in a year . No more than I use 12 bucks a gallon would not be a big deal I'm just a tight wad and a tad bit set on my ways . ;D

DHansen

The Husqvarna dealer here will discount off the displayed price for volume buys.  The Stihl dealer will not.  I asked the Stihl dealer for .25 cents off per gallon on a case of four.  He said no.  His reply was not enough margin in it for that.  He had the Winter grade Stihl marked at $19.99 per gallon.  The Husky dealer that also sells Stihl products had the same oil marker $15.50.  I would think both dealers are paying the same price for this product, and I do understand how hard it is to price items in a family run business.  With the big box and internet offerings it is a tight market.  I just by it from the Husqvarna dealer and I'm good with his pricing.  That way he is there for me when I need parts or questions.  And that is more important than 50 cents a gallon.

Thank You Sponsors!