iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberking 1600 bearing question

Started by treecyclers, June 16, 2017, 07:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treecyclers

Gents,  I searched extensively for the info,  but couldn't find the answer,  so I'm hoping someone knows...  I want to replace the wheel bearings on my 1600, and can't find the part number to locate the correct bearings.
Tk quoted 60 bucks a bearing,  and I need 6.
Dave
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Darrel

I'm no help but I wish you luck.  I'm having trouble understanding how you could possibly need 6 bearings for 2 wheels, but then again I've only seen one Timberking in my life and it was only a drive by sighting.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Larry

Pull the old bearing and you will see a number on the side.  It might be something like 6204 following by letters.  The first four numbers indicate the size and style.  The letters tell you if it is shielded, sealed, or open.  Most likely they will be sealed.  Any bearing house or some auto parts stores can match and don't pass up ebay if you have the time.

To verify you can measure, but you need a caliper that reads millimeters.

Post your results on the forum and help out the next guy.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

campwags

I know this sounds silly, but why don't you just ask the Timber King tech guys for the part number?  They have always told me the part number or belt number when I have asked.  They really are great guys.   ???
Life is for Living, Loving and Laughing; Not Crying and Complaining!

TK 2000, Woodmaster 718, Kioti DK65s w/Farmi JL501, Kioti NX4510 and a Kubota KX 41-3 excavator, Japa firewood processor and an assortment of trailers, solar kiln and out buildings.

Will_Johnson

There are technically two bearings per wheel. With two blade wheels and one drive wheel that = 6.

However we put a "double" bearing in each wheel. So you would need three total of the part you referenced (#1232054) to cover all three wheels.

While these occasionally need to be replaced, I can't ever recall anyone needing to replace all three at once. So you might want to call our service department to make sure all of these actually need to be replaced. Both to save the expense but, more importantly, the trouble.

treecyclers

What I've got is a noise that's similar to a hub bearing going out on my truck that comes from the drive side of the cutter head.
My mill is 12 years old,  and rode har.
I'mgoing through the entire machine,  soslowly replacing what needs replacing,  fixing what needs fixing,  and such.
I neglected it pretty bad the past couple years,  having been overwhelmed by life in general.
I don't know if replacing those bearings will resolve my issue,  but I'll have peace of mind knowing they're solid,  and that's one less thing to worry about.
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

tacks Y

Call TK again and ask what # it is. They should tell you.

sealark37

With the numbers on the bearings, Ebay is your friend for saving $$$.   Regards, Clark

Thank You Sponsors!