iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saturdays Visit

Started by craigc90, December 19, 2004, 09:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

craigc90

Yesterday WV_Hillbilly brought a trailer load of logs up and I let him saw all day. He is hooked got the sawdust in his veins. We cut a red oak three cherry's and a poplar.He was grinin ear to ear. We had a good time. I fired up the mill showed him the controls and he brought a friend with him to help offbear. So I stood back and let him go.The only bad thing is he got his Forestry Forum hat all dusty. ;D Here are a few blurry pics of the day.

craigc90

craigc90

This is some of the wood we cut.

Tom

Way to go fella's  Good Job!

That's being right neighborly, Craig.  :)

craigc90

Thanks Tom
  Its a good thing he came yesterday. Today its 14Degrees. Its also snowing. 8)

WV_hillbilly

Thanks Craig for the fun day . Jim was talkin my ear off all the way home . He said he  can't wait for the wood to dry and  is already thinking up projects to use it on . I quess when your retired you have too much time for the mind to freewheel .

Your  sneaky with that camera . I didn't know you took a couple of them pics .

Don't worry about the being out in the weather . I got a call from my Mother-in- law today about the trailer hook up on her horse trailer . Seem the old one corroded up and needed replaced . So my  FIL tried to replace it . when the trailer was plugged in the back up lights on the truck came on . So off i went to lay in the snow to fix it . About an hour I had it fixed . I had to do it so she can pick up my daughters Christmas present this week . I told her next time just call for me to do it the first time and don't wait till it gets cold to fix things like this .

I tallied up the boards and came up with 415 bd/ft total .Jim was drooling all over the 5/4 so I made sure it went on the bottom of the pile . makes it harder to get at .  :D

The hat was my wood cutting one anyways . I have 4 of them one for cutting, 2 for going places and 1 for a spare in the future .

Thanks again Craig  
Hillbilly

EZ

Good job guys.
Wont be long when you get your own mill, Dan, I can see it in your eyes. ;D You get a mill, them deer will be forgotten about, you will forget how to use a fishing pole and your children will be all growned. :)
EZ

WV_hillbilly

It may be sooner than you think EZ on the mill ownership . I'm a trying .

I think I will need at least 36 hours in a day  when I get that mill  EZ  .If all that stuff goes away I'll be forced to quit my day job if that's what it takes . ???
Hillbilly

craigc90

You were sawing the third log and Jim was already talking about a kiln to dry the lumber ;D.I am glad you had fun. After you left I drug 2 maple logs up to the mill and sawed em up.Covered the mill up and carried firewood in and stacked and stickered my green boards.I am glad We did all that yesterday. Its cold out there today. I have 4 degrees now.

craigc90

Look at the color in these Maple Boards. I bet you could turn some into artwork Dan.

EDIT: Please limit photo size to a maximum of 350 pixles wide as instucted in upload pages. Thanx!

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WV_hillbilly

I'm glad we cut Saturday too. couldn't have ask for a  much nicer day in the middle of December . Yea Jim was talkin about that on the way home too . About the only thing he didn't bring up was a bigger truck and  trailer  .

Those are some nice maple boards you got thet . Is there any spalt or is that all stain ?  
Hillbilly

edsaws

Those are some nice lookin' boards. Some of that snow you got is now dumping on us :-/. Oh well kinda lookin more like Christmas.  :)

craigc90

Edsaws ill send it all your way I have to much to get done around here dont need plowing snow throwed into the work list    
Dan the wood is all heart stain no spalt and they sure are perty

Thank You Sponsors!