Jonsered CS2250 Stall - Sputtering after 1 hour

Started by Chaingang, June 15, 2017, 08:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaingang

First post.  I have a Jonsered CS2250.  2 Years old.  Probably cut about 30 facecord per year.  Mostly ash in Michigan. 
After about an hour of operation, the saw stalls.  It restarts right away; however, the chain only advances a little with the throttle depressed.  Sometimes, it might run good for 5 seconds, but it consistently goes back to the sputtering and will not cut.  I brought it into a shop in April and they replaced something to do with the ignition......but I am back to the same problem.    Any thoughts?   P.S.  I have a short video showing it, but my simple brain cannot figure out how to upload it.

dougand3

Maybe dealer replaced coil? Hard to believe a new module goes bad again so quickly. Could be fuel delivery issue....tank vent, crack in fuel line, carb dirty. Also, could be lower compression, as in mild scoring.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Canadiana

Not sure what happens after an hour of operating that doesn't happen after 5min. I can't get a 1hr idle out of mine before refueling but i wish. Keep trying for the video. Others can do it so can you
The saw is more fun than the purpose of the wood... the forest is trembling 🌳

losttheplot

Put the video onto YouTube and put a link in your message here.
Good luck with your saw.
DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK !

Chaingang

Thanks for the youtube tip.  I laughed because I haven't posted anything since 2011 there.

https://youtu.be/yDrgzxNJpBM

loganworks2

I have had a similar problem in the past.  Everything pointed to the coil and installed a new one. No go. I had put a new plug in at the same time. I was ready to give up and go to the dealer. For some reason I decided to try another new plug and that was the fix. Now I have a backup coil the one that was originally in the saw.

kenskip1

From the sounds of it to much gas. Could the choke be part way on? Anyway the dealer soaked you for parts and labor that was not required. I would take it back to them and have a good attitude.It may have run fine at the dealer but something floating around in the carb and flooding it.This is what it sounds like to me. Coerce I don't have my hearing aids  tuned in at the moment. Ken
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

ladylake

If a spark plug doesn't help I'd try another new coil. Sound like the rev limiter is kicking in way early.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

John Mc

Quote from: Canadiana on June 15, 2017, 11:46:55 PM
Not sure what happens after an hour of operating that doesn't happen after 5min.

Well, the saw would be thoroughly heat-soaked after an hour of operation, which is probably not the case after 5 minutes. Though whether that has anything to do with the OP's problem, I don't know.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

khntr85

Clean carb, make sure spark screen clean, replace plug