iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Boilin'

Started by Magicman, June 10, 2017, 09:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Looks mighty fine Kyle.  coxy/Ox,  I didn't know that you could boil without Zatarain's or Tony Chachere's seasoning.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ox

coxy and MM - I didn't want to pay shipping for the crab/shrimp boil I found online so I looked up the ingredients to the spice pack and found out that Old Bay is almost exactly the same.  The southern boil spice has a little more red pepper is all which makes sense cause cajun and everything.

coxy - thanks for the offer, bud!  AFter I found out about the above I realized we have some in the cupboard and the wife'll be gettin some more on grocery day.  We'll have ourselves a shrimp boil next week sometime in the old turkey fryer pot.  Shrimp, taters, corn, onions and sausage.  It'll be delish. 

I tell ya - I'm born a northern hillbilly but I'm a southern boy at heart I'm pretty sure about it...
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Magicman

Yup, and I was jerking your chain about the seasoning.  No way can you mess up a good thing like a boilin'.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

Never challenge "no way" or "worse" and most definitely not in the same sentence.   :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Texas Ranger

Magic Man, referring to your post on Cindy and the fig  tree, left that one before I thought.  My mother in law had a fig blow over after a hurricane, in south Texas.  I hooked a line to it, pulled it back upright, and it went on like nothing had happened.  guyed it down pretty good.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

Yup, that is my plan.  Wait until the fruit is gone, give it a serious trimming on the heavy side, and stand it back up.

caveman

Ox, they were using their phones to take pictures.
Caveman

petefrom bearswamp

Sausage is a generic term
What kind do you different folks use?
Going to the market today as we have some shrimp left over from our beef brisket BBQ yesterday with all of our family
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Ox

We like the Johnsonville sausages.  Sweet and spicy individual links are the two we get.  Come in packages of 6 or so I think.  Delicious!  I likes me some sausage...
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

petefrom bearswamp

well the wife nixed the boil as we have way too many leftovers.
Oh well, Maybe in a week or 2.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

These 22 Blue Crabs were the guest of honor when we were visiting gspren in Delaware.

Along with sausage, potatoes, onion, and corn, they became a bolin'.   :)

drobertson

Mercy! yuin's are really hurtin' up there,, ;D 8)
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Weekend_Sawyer

I love a low country boil!
This made up my mind, I'll be having one this weekend.

Thanks for the idea.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Raider Bill

What's the difference between a high and low country boil?
Picture number 1 is at 1200 feet above sea level number 2 is at seal level

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sandhills

Magicman

Yup, we did it again and the only seasoning was Zatarain's liquid.  "B" sized Potatoes, Corn Nubbins, Onions, and Shrimp.    Yum...Yum. 

Savannahdan

I'm gonna have to stop opening your food posts.  I get real hungry after looking at them and I just had a decent bowl of cereal.  Also, I have a doctor's appointment early afternoon and will have to wait until after that to indulge in something like your post.  Appreciate you posting the picture of such a scrumptious meal.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

coxy

that would be a 30$ meal here with them shrimp   :(   

luvmexfood

Quote from: gspren on June 12, 2017, 08:02:43 AM
  Magic, if you want to try that with crabs bring a seasoning packet to DE, I got the pot.
Was in Delaware this week. Can't remember the exact name of the towns but I think it was Newark and something close by with Castle in the name.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Magicman

Matter of fact we did just that in Delaware in July:  LINK

Woodcutter_Mo

We cooked up some shrimp a couple weekends ago. I was hauling a few cedar logs home and we seen a sign that said "Fresh Shrimp" so of course I had to stop and pick some up. I only bought a few lbs since I was afraid to spend too much and end up with bad shrimp as we don't have people selling fresh shrimp around here very often. But it seemed good to me, was clean and smelled fresh.

We cooked up some onions, diced Bell pepper, potatoes, a few pieces of jalapeƱo summer sausage then added water and some Old Bay and Creole seasoning and got it boiling good and cleaned up the shrimp and dumped it in. Turned out good, despite not adding any corn or ochra like I originally planned.
I'm going to buy alot more if they are selling it again  ;D
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Magicman

I have no idea why we had never done this before.   Even using frozen peeled shrimp, we can make a fantastic meal for two for less than $15.   food3

Thank You Sponsors!