iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Smoked Salmon.

Started by Jeff, October 07, 2017, 07:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Lots of Salmon being caught this fall in Michigan. On of my Son's friend's gave us a bunch and another of his friends smoked them for us.
DELISH!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Grizzly

We had lots of sockeye salmon in my growing up years in BC and I've had smoked, canned, and grilled. Baked too. You have the best right there! Good score.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

drobertson

Watched a show from Alaska this morning, the native lady showed the fellow how to fillet, hang and smoke the old way for preservation, It almost looked like a cold smoke much like they do hams,, they would brine them then smoke em' for 12 hours, in any case, you guys have quite the bounty for sure.  Looks good,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawguy21

I have some in the fridge, properly done it's better than candy. I really like it smoked the native way. Some people use too much brine and make it inedible to my taste.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

This is just brined and smoked. Not sweetened up, but yea, still like candy. Smokey fish candy.

coxy

why does everyone smoke it with the skin on it is it to keep it from falling apart

Jeff

thecfarm

I will trade you a chicken I raised for salmon. :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!