Yard sale finds.....

Started by upnut, June 10, 2017, 12:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnut

Told my wife I needed a cross-buck for that pile of poles, found seven 2x6's cut to 5 foot lengths the next day at a yard sale, screwed them together, done! Also ran across a Craftsman tool-box for $2.00, decided to create a saw kit just for the new MS241 C-M, adding a Stihl file kit dedicated just to this saw. My old saw box is stuffed to the top with 30 years accumulation of treasures, this will clean things up a bit. Got the old MS250 out of semi-retirement with an old chain for dirty limbs, side-by-side with the new saw had me wondering why I waited so long to upgrade. A couple pics...

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

red

I went to a Book Sale today  $7.00 for all the books you can fit into a cloth Book bag. I did real good, plus the money is for a decent charity.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

hedgerow

I was headed home Friday from work had to make a stop at the parts store and was on a diferent street than I usually go home on and there was a moving  sale going on so I stopped they had several chain  saws and a 1984 Uhaul log splitter. None of  the saws were any I needed was looking at the splitter as I had never seen one . The splitter is well built he had a $1,000 marked on it. The owner came over and started talking to me. He said I need to sell this as we are moving make me a offer so I did $500 cash he looked at me and said you bought a splitter. I had some cash and a hitch in the pickup. We just used it all day today and it works great. Looks like the carb is pretty new on the engine. 

upnut

Quote from: hedgerow on June 10, 2017, 08:01:24 PM
I was headed home Friday from work had to make a stop at the parts store and was on a diferent street than I usually go home on and there was a moving  sale going on so I stopped they had several chain  saws and a 1984 Uhaul log splitter. None of  the saws were any I needed was looking at the splitter as I had never seen one . The splitter is well built he had a $1,000 marked on it. The owner came over and started talking to me. He said I need to sell this as we are moving make me a offer so I did $500 cash he looked at me and said you bought a splitter. I had some cash and a hitch in the pickup. We just used it all day today and it works great. Looks like the carb is pretty new on the engine.
That is a great buy! Right place at the right time.....hope it serves you well. I picked up a like new set of Stihl Pro Mark chainsaw chaps the other day for $20.00, handed them to my brother and said "no excuses now, please wear them..." and he has!

Scott B.

hedgerow

Upnut  We have used the splittter a fair amount and it is working great. Need to get it in the shop this winter and raise the working height. These splitter's were built too low for me. Just got back from ks  early this am as over the weekend cleaning up some storm damage trees I had a keeper break off a pin and bent one of my grapple clamps and damaged the hyd cylinder.  I have had this grapple for five years and never had a problem. It is a Robo brand made down in Ks by a small shop he also makes tree saws Circle D welding. They worked on it all day and installed a new ram in the cylinder and charge me zero. I wasn't expecting him to fix it for free. I called Sunday and left message and he call back later and said if I could be there first thing Monday they would fix it while I waited saving me a 350 mile trip of leaving it and going back to get it. It is nice to have a business take care of a problem.

upnut

Good to hear! Also, on our old splitter we fabricated an axle and utilized 14" car wheels/tires. It raised the working height to a good level and made moving the splitter around by hand much easier....Scott B.