iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going on a ride today on my polaris general SxS!

Started by Woodhauler, June 10, 2017, 06:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Going down to ride the Sunrise Downeast trail with one of the guys I haul wood for. Its the old railroad line from ellsworth maine to the ocean in pemboke maine. Nice flat smooth gravel trail. If we go to the end and back its near 200 miles round trip.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Ox

Try that here you'd get thrown in jail like you're a criminal.

Is this a state run thing or something?  You're lucky and fortunate to have something like that.

To do any riding around here makes one an outlaw.

I hope you have fun, it sounds great!
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

red

You have to register the quad / side by side and have insurance.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Ox

Guess I meant how is it that there are 200 miles of riding on that trail?  Is it state land?  A private trail like the Hatfield and McCoy trails?
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Woodhauler

Quote from: Ox on June 10, 2017, 07:01:46 AM
Guess I meant how is it that there are 200 miles of riding on that trail?  Is it state land?  A private trail like the Hatfield and McCoy trails?
6000 miles of trails in maine!!!!!!   Mostly from the private land owners letting clubs have trails, some big paper company lands and some state trails. You must be registered , but insurance is not needed. I and all my friends have insurance.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

florida

That sounds like a fantastic ride! I'd love to have trails like that close by. Colorado has a nice trail system but it doesn't do me much good in Florida.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Savannahdan

I remember riding some of those trails when I lived in Maine.  Lots of fun and you might even get to see some not so bright folks trying to get close to a moose in a pond.  Used to take a ride out of Bangor/Brewer headed toward Machias.  Some of those curves had you down on your elbows.  Scary when you hit some ridges/ripples in the pavement in a sharp curve and thought you were going to bounce into the woods.  Lots of fun.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Thank You Sponsors!