iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Price per thousand to forward logs ?

Started by trecher2, June 09, 2017, 07:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trecher2

Hello, I'm wondering what a fair price would be per thousand to forward 70,000 bf about 3/4 of a mile. The haul road is already built it has a few steep parts but overall not to bad of a pull. Anyone out there know the going rate ? Thanks

coxy

as much as you can get  :) ;D other than that I have no info for you

wannaergo

Are the logs piled roadside or still on the woods?
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

nativewolf

Would be good to know if you are trying to hire or someone wants to hire you to forward them?
Liking Walnut

trecher2

Logs are skidded out to 3 landings there bucked but not stacked. I'm thinking around 35.00 per thou, would that be in the ballpark ?

RHP Logging

I charge $40/mbf. Plus the move there.  How much do local mills pay for cut and skid? When I set that 40/mbf rate the mills were paying $110-120/mbf for cut/skid their wood a few years ago. I figured a percentage of that. I would probably jack it up a little now because I'm at a steady $130+ per mbf. Don't be afraid to throw some high numbers at em. You can always negotiate.
Buckin in the woods

Frickman

Back before I retired I charged $60/hour for a man and machine, what ever machine was needed. I always charged by the hour, not the board foot. That way things were laid out nice.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

BaldBob

Quote from: trecher2 on June 09, 2017, 07:48:39 PM
Hello, I'm wondering what a fair price would be per thousand to forward 70,000 bf about 3/4 of a mile. The haul road is already built it has a few steep parts but overall not to bad of a pull. Anyone out there know the going rate ? Thanks
It would be fairly dependant on the size of the logs (bf/log).

Thank You Sponsors!