iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fixed my tractor problem update

Started by Bruno of NH, June 09, 2017, 06:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

submarinesailor

Which one of the Mahindra's is it?  Also, how did you get hydraulic power to the grapple?

Darrel

Looks like a half way decent fix.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Bruno of NH

It's the 3500 series platform
The grapple runs off the rear remotes but I have a kit coming to make run off the loader controls with a switch.
I had them take that set up off my old tractor
I didn't want to spend the money right now but the parts for my tractor are 3 weeks out and renting was hurting my pocket book.
I have a lot of orders to saw out.
It had a good rebate and 7 year warranty .

4x4American

So didja trade in on this or did you go to a different dealer? 
Boy, back in my day..

21incher

Congratulations. One less thing to worry about. 8)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Bruno of NH

I traded it in
The dealer was a Massey dealer but changed to Mahindra 4 years ago
I got the log grapple to move logs around the yard
I don't know how it will work to load logs on the mill
I will find out in the morning

Bruno of NH

I also got some thing else but didn't get a pic yet
Will get pics and start another post

cutterboy

WOW! Nice looking tractor. I know what it's like when the tractor goes down. There is so much you can't do and every thing else takes twice as long.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Davek603

Congrats! I thought about a grapple but I move stacks of lumber, slabs and what have you as much as logs. Swapping back and forth so much didn't seem worth the hassle.
Woodmizer LT50 and lots of iron to go with it

bandmiller2

The trick is a fella needs more than one tractor. All of mine are old but they will still do the same days work as when new. Machines have advanced but the logs are still the same critters, what worked 50 years ago works today. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Bruno of NH

I will mostly use the forks because of that reason but wanted a grapple to move brush and rocks around my property .
I will use the grapple to stack logs in the log yard when the logs aren't use for my bar/table slabs don't want to pick holes in them

thecfarm

Can I borrow your rock grapple?  :D
How many hp is that. Good for you.
I really need a skidder with a grapple to get rid of the big ones.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

4x4American

Quote from: bandmiller2 on June 09, 2017, 08:52:12 PM
The trick is a fella needs more than one tractor. All of mine are old but they will still do the same days work as when new. Machines have advanced but the logs are still the same critters, what worked 50 years ago works today. Frank C.

I think the trick is a Cat with IT...I don't have to get outta the cab to switch from forks to bucket, but, if I got a log grapple, I would have to get out to connect the hoses.  Either way I'm lazy and I like the IT big time  ;D
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Well, now, nothing like stepping up to the plate.
smiley_clapping smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup good the tractor is fixed, now you can cut wood.And when you get hot you can cool off in the cab. :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

4x4 I would have liked a full size backhoe but couldn't do it right now .
Cfarm any time on the grapple
4x4 I will get the quick plate with hydraulic pins for the same reason as you
I like the cab to much / not getting out to lock the pins :)

Bruno of NH

Cfarm it's a 50 hp badged as a 40 some thing to do with emissions, I was told
They told me to run it flat out because of the emissions

Bruno of NH

I love making sawdust and selling lumber and without my tractor that wasn't happening fast enough for me that why I spent the money.
I'm building a good little milling business and didn't want to lose my momentum at it .

bandmiller2

A friend of mine has a Mahindra and loves it says its a heavy simple tractor, also uses a grapple. Myself I had a grapple but prefer forks. Grapple was handy for picking logs off a trailer though. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

78NHTFY

Bruno
Looks like your "Red and Rockin'" now!!  Good for you.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Bruno of NH

I never learnt mechanics so fixing my old tractor my self was out of the question
I can build almost any kind of structure and I'm good at interior trim work.
I wish I was learned some mechanic skill I envy those that can

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

submarinesailor

Bruno,  I have the 3550 HST without the cap. 

Like so many things, it has it's pro's and conn's. 

paul case

Nice new set up there. I wish we were closer. I would have been able to loan you one til you got yours fixed. ;)

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!