iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New mill

Started by Paintman, June 09, 2017, 10:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paintman

Well I've looked around and decided I would be best off buying a new one. I found some used but just hated to spend that much on what could be someone else's problem. So I decided to go with an LT40 super, with debarker and lube mizer. Now it's time to tell my dad and plan his retirement  :). Anyone using this mill?
2017 woodmizer lt40 super with lube mizer and debarker.

JV

I bought a new LT40HD in '05 and it has done everything I needed to do very well.  The people at Woodmizer have been great to work with, absolutely no complaints from me.  I had a competitors fully manual mill and this was a gigantic leap forward.  A neighbor had two Supers with the last one having over 8500 hours on it when he quit.  I'm sure you will like it.  Congratulations and enjoy.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Magicman

Owner of a 19 year old SuperHydraulic here.  You will never regret the day that you woke up and decided to buy that sawmill.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mentos

Congrats on your new toy!

Paintman

Looks like it will be in stock in Indianapolis on 7/5/17. I'm excited to get it and do some work with my dad. Good thing is I am only 45 minutes from Indy.

scully

I call the LT40 super the star ship of the Wood-Mizer line up . Yes I own one and I am prity proud of it . The base model LT 40 is a great mill all on it's own but upgrading to the super changes the game quite significantly !
I bleed orange  .

Ricker

I have had the base model lt 40 two years, it's a nice machine.  Done what I have asked of it.  That said I wish I had upgraded to the super.  I don't think you will be disappointed.

Paintman

That's exactly what I thought. I figured I might as well go head first if I'm jumping in.

Crossroads

Congratulations, I would love to order one of those, but then I'd have to start advertising in order to keep it busy enough to justify. Have fun!
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Darrel

Good goin Paintman!  8)
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Paintman

My dad is excited to be back in the sawmill business. I wish I could have afforded to do this a few years ago but that's ok. And I'm excited to learn as well. I can already see my dad is enjoying talking about timber and getting back in touch with people he's worked with for 30 + years

paul case

I too have a LT40 super with electric motor. It is a good one.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!