iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Small Urban Logging Job (Hemlock)

Started by 123maxbars, June 07, 2017, 10:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

I got a call from a homeowner less than a mile from my house last week. Said he had cut down over 30 small Hemlock trees from his property. Told me I could have them all and then some.  Today I went over and started hauling the logs back to my sawmill. I use my Log Rite ATV arch for jobs like this and it works out very well. I made a video showing my days work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8X9xEYK8to
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

WV Sawmiller

Good video. We use some similar techniques. I use ATV and log arch all the time. Instead of winching with a come-along on to the trailer I hook a snatch block to the front of the trailer, run a 1/4" cable through it and pull it on with the ATV or tractor of have even hooked to a tree/stump and drive forward pulling the log on (Bent rails show where I did not stop soon enough). Keep up the good work and keep those videos coming. Come see us when you get this far east.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!