iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

delmhorst j 2000

Started by Florida boy, June 07, 2017, 08:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florida boy

I just bought a delmhorst j 2000 from a seller on ebay who said it was new in box. well I receive it and the pins that are on it are slightly bent and the right hand pin is set in farther than the left and is not as sturdy.

I try to take some readings after reading the manual and am getting between 6.3 and 6.9 for everything. from green lumber to dry furniture in the house. am I doing some thing wrong or did I buy a faulty unit? this is my first moisture meter. I am doing everything by the book and am still getting the super low reading on wet wood.

xlogger

If new it should of not had bent pins. Did you use paypal? I think you should try to get your money back.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

Delmhost does repair these. If new, then it should be Warren tee issue.  The pins are bent on the hammer probe?  This is normal and the pins are replaced frequently, especially when checking oak.  The short pins do not bend so often.

You should be able to put you fingers on the ends of the needles and get over 20% MC.  The current readings indicate and open connection, which again is common with the 26 hammer probe.  If you unplug the probe, your fingers on the plug on the meter should give you the high reading.  It is best to put the meter on continuous mode whe checking this.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

longtime lurker

So whats the reading when you do the internal test function. It should come in at 12% more or less. If its low that indicates a battery issue. If fresh batteries dont fix it send it back to Delmhorst and they will recalibrate it. Continued use with a  low battery will cause the thing to loose calibration ( guess how I know that for a fact) which is a delmhorst repair job.

Or you can try a hard reset as described in the manual.... got to push buttons in the right sequence etc etc and it will dump the internal memory and go back to DF at 77°
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Florida boy

it shows 6.8 or so on everything. no hammer just the short probes. it does show 12 when I check calibration. I think that I will return it. Shouldn't have this much Hassel.

Thank You Sponsors!