iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2017 Pigroast RSVP 14th annual

Started by Jeff, June 06, 2017, 08:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly

Then you should be good to go coxy. My son went through Kingsgate, ID a month or more ago and his passport was expired but they told him he was ok on his photo id as it was ground travel. I've used my passport for the last several years so I haven't had any issues.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Jeff

This year's pigroast was tremendous. The feeling of fellowship and friendship was so strong I hated for it to end and to see friends depart for home. As it happens every year, the days before the roast I wonder why Tammy and I put ourselves through all this work, and today, I sit here resting for a few, with the strongest yearning ever to do it again. We love our Forestry Forum family.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on August 06, 2017, 06:53:35 PM
This year's pigroast was tremendous. The feeling of fellowship and friendship was so strong I hated for it to end and to see friends depart for home. As it happens every year, the days before the roast I wonder why Tammy and I put ourselves through all this work, and today, I sit here resting for a few, with the strongest yearning ever to do it again. We love our Forestry Forum family.

This is what its all about Boss.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

derhntr

Thank you Jeff and Tammy and everyone who helped put the party together. Thank you to the sponsor's and member's for the prize donations.

It was great to meet larger than life FF hero's. Made many new friends.

Can't wait for the next one.
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

Jeff

coxy

REALLY  you had to show the dang pig just after I ate now I'm hungry again the ice cream  just went out the window  ;D

Magicman

It's hard to imagine that any year could exceed any of the previous year's Pig Roast, but this one was truly a winner.  PatD could not make the trip, so Marty and I decided that we would go and what a trip it was.  A total of 2247 miles and some long hours driving but the Pig Roast is a true treasure at the end of Jeff & Tammy's Rainbow.  Thank You Jeff & Tammy, and also Thank You Wood-Mizer, Logrite, and Stihl.

Da Pig as it arrived in da pickup truck.

Jeff, Chet, customsawyer, and Howdy get it properly assembled.

And finally the Pig is ready for a Roasting.

I still wonder if Jeff is injecting it with Bluecreeper??   ???

customsawyer and Jeff unwrap the wire.  I have no Pig Disassembly pictures because I had my hands full of pig.  Maybe someone has a "Pig Pulling" picture.  Maybe??

A plate assembly line.

Table visiting is a wonderful time spent both Friday and Saturday.

I got to choose from this "Howdy" collection for my door prize.

I chose this and PatD was happy.  Thank You Howdy for your door prize contribution.

The fat olde elf chose the door prize that I donated. 

I won 4th place in the Poston Game and chose this 60" Logrite Cant Hook.  Thank You Logrite.   logrite_cool

And Yes, there "was" Blueberry Wafflecone Ice Cream with a side of Buttered Pecan.

Marty and I had to leave fairly early Saturday afternoon in order to make the trip home so he could go to work tomorrow morning.  We spent last night in Elizabethtown, KY.  We stopped for gas and when I looked down I happen to see something glitter.  Yup, a Precious Stone and Very Valuable!!!

Now don't even try to bust my bubble and say bad things about it's value.  If folks can think that their Very Valuable Walnut Tree is priceless, then why can't I think that this gem is also worth millions, thousands, ah man, give me a break, surely hundreds.  Heck if I don't get it appraised it will never loose value.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

Thanks for the pics ! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Jeff

I've been told that there was a tripod and video camera set up recording the door prize games. I hope we get to see!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Lynn you got to be the luckiest Hound Dog I know. Now you have 300 cant hooks and a
diamond worth $3000.00.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

coxy

Kevin&Tamiam will never make any money from you if you keep winning all there tools  ;D

ronwood

Jeff,

Thanks for all the effort that you put into the pig roast. Wife and I are up in northern Mich site seeing heading back thru Harrison on Tuesday. Glad to meet all the folks

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Magicman

Whatdayoumean Luck??   :o  I was wearing an original "Timber Buyers Network" Hat, Orange Shirt, Logrite T Shirt, plus my Lucky Underwear.  When the stars align, you can't loose.

Now that hat: 

Timber Buyers Network was Jeff's original idea for a "forum" and was the predecessor to the Forestry Forum.  Jeff may know how many of those hats are in existence?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Sadly I missed taking a picture of the "Andy White Memorial Benches". 

Be assured that these benches were well used and were actually moved to more prominent positions several times during the two day event.  I told several people as did Jeff and Marty about Andy and the significance of those two benches.  Many members remembered Andy and valued his contributions to the Forestry Forum.  Andy's warm heart will continue to be remembered through the thoughtfulness of Nancy and the generosity of the FF members that made these Memorial Benches possible.

dmoore1983

Thanks Jeff for hosting us! My family absolutely loved it! The boys are still talking about "the bear that was so nice!"  :D  It was great getting to meet so many amazing people and listening to their awesome stories. You do a fabulous job my friend!

May the Lord bless and keep you...

iffy

Thank you Jeff and Tami a all your helpers for all you do. Had a great time renewing old acquaintance and making new. Wife says she is bringing a shovel next time as the B's was getting deep enough to stain her new jeans.😂

goose63

Once again  we had a great time

iffy here is that bear

And the pig dismantling crew

Tom checking to make sure it's getting done right

the prize truck

It was great to see friends we made last year and meet new one's

Nice drive home but not so nice when we got here the power had been out for three day's bad under ground line at our place thy put in a temporary line up thy will be back in a few day's to dig in a new one

That box of blades I won will be put to good us

A great big thank you to those that helped put this togather

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Jeff

Kitty

Looks like everyone had a grand time. Everything looks great! Thanks to all who posted pics...made us feel like we were there and so very sorry we missed this year!
Kitty

Jeff

customsawyer

Had a great time as always. Thanks to all that put this on and contribute. The only thing wrong with these things is they are to short. I wish I had more time to visit.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Carson-saws

Looks like a wonderful time. Great weather, great food, great setting, great friends....Maybe next year.  Very nicely done Mr. And Mrs Jeff....it is obvious you put your hearts and souls into making this such a great weekend for everyone....cheers!
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

petefrom bearswamp

Linda and I had a great time.
Especially seeing all the old and new acquaintances.
Kudos to Jeff, Tammi, their family, and friends who made the roast possible.
Thoroughly enjoyed our short visit to Harrison.
Hope everyone made it home OK.
Looking forward to next year Lord willin

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

yukon cornelius

We had so much fun! I just want to thank Jeff, Tammy, and all the friends and family for all the work to put on such an event. I also want to thank all the great sponsors and donors. It was great to see all our old friends and make new ones. I never made it around to meet everyone.

The first person to point this out to me was Andy White. All the members here are all the same. Hard working, generous, kind, caring, all around great people.

We are definitely planning to attend the next one and so should you.

Start the countdown 8)
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

GAB

Quote from: coxy on August 06, 2017, 05:45:03 PM
Quote from: Grizzly on August 05, 2017, 12:39:48 PM
coxy, if you have no criminal record and a passport it's a very easy passage from one country to the other. if you don't have a passport other picture id still works at this point. Some truckers are crossing the border several times a week/day. If you have a criminal record you will get the slow go and that's no fun. just remember to answer questions with yes and no and nothing more. that's all they want, and more words just gives them more to think about. Come visit Canada!
I don't have a record that I know of  :)  can you get through with just a photo id drivers license   I went to pembrook (I think that's how you say it) about 10-12 years ago some family has camps up that way cant remember the name of the lake it was great fishing what I remember of it didn't have a sober breath for 6 days  :D and I can tell ya the molsen beer in Canada has a way bigger punch than it does in the states the last few days I got in the triple x stuff what a hang on I had  :D :D

It is best to have either a passport or an enhanced drivers license.
In the past 10 weeks I have been in and out of Canada a few times and the enhanced license is what I used.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Thank You Sponsors!