iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2017 Pigroast RSVP 14th annual

Started by Jeff, June 06, 2017, 08:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

derhntr

2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

coxy

just like my house the men are talking and the ladies doing the work  ???

gspren

Quote from: coxy on August 05, 2017, 07:57:24 AM
just like my house the men are talking and the ladies doing the work  ???

As it should be! I looked over my shoulder before I typed that. ;D
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

martyinmi

Myself and my son are going to hit the road in a few minutes and head due north. :)
See all of ya all in about an hour and a half! 8)
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

CMI80

What a beautiful day. Sunny and cool. I have some work to do this morning and then plan on coming over a little later.  Been a Forestry forum fan for a long time and a new member for a couple of weeks !  I don't have far to go, I only live about 10 miles away. 👍

tule peak timber

For those of us still stuck at the mill,,,,please keep the pics coming ! Enjoy 8) 8) 8)
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

EvilRoySlade

Heading out, should be there just in time for unveiling of the pig!  Had to spend some quality time training the pup before I left.

Rod is muh real name

coxy

looking at the map to get there looks like one rt goes through Canada do I need any thing special to go that way for next year  I'm going to start planning now don't want to go another year looking at pics I want to be in them  ;D

Grizzly

coxy, if you have no criminal record and a passport it's a very easy passage from one country to the other. if you don't have a passport other picture id still works at this point. Some truckers are crossing the border several times a week/day. If you have a criminal record you will get the slow go and that's no fun. just remember to answer questions with yes and no and nothing more. that's all they want, and more words just gives them more to think about. Come visit Canada!
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

EvilRoySlade

Well I went and I have to say I'm glad I did. Great group of people, I didn't meet everyone in my short visit. Next year I will be setting more time aside for this.
Thank you Jeff and everyone else that helps put this together.

glassman_48

I also went for a short visit, my daughter and granddaughter flew in from colorado this weekend.  The food rivals a catered wedding or better :laugh: Got to meet more michigan folks too.  I am going to start using buckstop deer scent now too.  Deerhunter owns that company.  Really nice job everyone and it was good to see everyone again.

CMI80

If you come through Canada you can stop and see  Niagara Falls. It worth the time if you haven't been there. It's a pretty awesome thing to see at least once.

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

grouch

Look at that gang wasting those good sawlogs! Somebody call a forester or logger or sawyer, quick!
Find something to do that interests you.

Jeff

samandothers

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

btulloh

HM126

Busy Beaver Lumber

Mrs. Beaver, the Kids, and I had a fantastic time at the pig roast. Was so good to see everyone again. The food was great as always, the hospitality is second to none. Thank you Jeff, Tammy, your entire family and anyone else that had a hand in making this a yearly reality.

Also special thanks to woodmizer, stihl, and logrite for the door prizes. I cant believe a won a $400 wood moisture meter and my daughter won a box of woodmizer saw blades ( which she quickly and willingly sold me for about a years supply of diaper money). Mrs Beaver won a stihl mug, and my son i law won a hookaroon that i know will get a lot of use when him and i are cutting wood and moving logs.

Thanks agian to everyone. We had a great time and already have it on the calendar for next year.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Did y'all know that was me in the goat Bear suit?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

There was no bear suit. That was the real Smokey

coxy

WOW what a crowd is right  8) 8)  glad it was a great turn out even know I wasn't there I still want to thank every one that was involved in making it all happen  was this the biggest turn out of people

loggah

Looks like a great turnout!!!!! hope everyone had fun!! ;D ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

coxy

Quote from: Grizzly on August 05, 2017, 12:39:48 PM
coxy, if you have no criminal record and a passport it's a very easy passage from one country to the other. if you don't have a passport other picture id still works at this point. Some truckers are crossing the border several times a week/day. If you have a criminal record you will get the slow go and that's no fun. just remember to answer questions with yes and no and nothing more. that's all they want, and more words just gives them more to think about. Come visit Canada!
I don't have a record that I know of  :)  can you get through with just a photo id drivers license   I went to pembrook (I think that's how you say it) about 10-12 years ago some family has camps up that way cant remember the name of the lake it was great fishing what I remember of it didn't have a sober breath for 6 days  :D and I can tell ya the molsen beer in Canada has a way bigger punch than it does in the states the last few days I got in the triple x stuff what a hang on I had  :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!