iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HOUSE BUGS HELP!!!

Started by emilykantz, June 05, 2017, 10:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emilykantz

Today I found three small holes in my drywall. 1/4 inch or smaller. They were just above the wooden base board. There were also two areas where they clearly burrowed under and removed paint on the wall. Please help with what these are and how to remove them!!! It is in a common area so I know this only happened today, because I would have seen if it was yesterday or previous day's.

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, emilykantz!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sprucebunny

Welcome.
How old is the house ?

What part of the country ?

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

emilykantz

Thanks for your reply. In northwest PA near Erie. Built in 1920s.

sprucebunny

I don't know that much about bugs but if you don't want to call a professional, I'd start by drilling a hole near the activity and see what happens. You can always slap a piece of duct tape over the hole if you have to...

The ants have been terrible here this spring and it might be ants. If there was a hole you could spray something in there and if it's ants use those bait stations.

Good luck.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

SamB

The wet spring here has the carpenter and other types of ants looking for new territory. Terro Ant Killer and Bayer Home Defense work well if your problem is indeed ants. You should see an occasional scout  if it is carpenter ants. Might want to call a professional exterminator if you can't identify the culprits.

Thank You Sponsors!