iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

An exciting day!

Started by etroup10, June 05, 2017, 08:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etroup10

I had a great day today and managed to get some good deals!!! A few months ago i saw this edger sitting at an amish welding shop. I said i was interested and he said he would have to look at it and get back to me. He also said its sat for around 10 years. Well i finally got to talk to him today and he said it was mine for $200!!! I told him I'd take it! I know it needs a little tlc but everything except the moveable blade was turning freely. Its pretty wide and could probably handle close to a 40" flitch!!

Today i also found another missing piece to my operation!! A friend told me about this Massey ferguson 50E industrial tractor. Its got some wear and dings but is in overall pretty good shape and has forks. It was used soley at a sawmill so the pto abd 3pt hitch are pretty much unused! It still had the pto cap and was really well greased. It does have 9000 hours but the price was right at $1800.
NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

Savannahdan

Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Darrel

Looks like you did good! 

I would really like to have an edger but at this point in time I have no real need for one. But, I really do need a tractor. One such as this one is very much what I'm looking for.

Good luck applying the tlc
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

dboyt

Now you're ready to start cutting some 40" flitches.  A couple of nice finds!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

sealark37

A couple of worthy projects if I ever saw one.  Spend the $ to get a service manual for the tractor.  It will pay you in time and aggravation.  Be careful working under the FEL.     Regards, Clark

etroup10

Only took me 2 hours to get the edger freed up, put a new chain and a different pulley on and now im edging boards. It works great!!!! Handled everything ive thrown at it with ease and its fast!!!!!! Runs about 95 fpm!!!!! Best $200 ive ever spent!!!!
NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

Darrel

Now for some paint and you'll be lookin as good as you're sawin.  :laugh:
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

muggs

How are you powering it?    Muggs

Ga Mtn Man

200 bucks!  That kind of thing never happens to me. >:(, but I'm happy someone is getting the bargains out there.  What are powering it with?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Peter Drouin

Can't beat that,  8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

etroup10

Thanks! Running it with a 2 cylinder wisconsin tjd rated at 18 hp.

Thank You Sponsors!