iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

On vacation orange beach ala

Started by sandsawmill14, June 03, 2017, 10:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandsawmill14

Got here today 8) but it was almost dark before I thought to get a pic ::)

Me and my better half ;D

View from our window :)

I was instructed that I would be going shopping in the morning for more appropriate "beach wear"   ???  :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

sandhills

We went to Cancun this last winter, I was forced to do the same  ::).  Have a great time!

Magicman

I went back and looked and didn't see anything wrong with your beach wear.  :)  OK, you gotta go to the outlet mall anyway.  Heck there is a Tool Store nearby!   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandsawmill14

:D :D :D I don't know what's wrong with them :D afraid to be different I guess ;D

MM I don't know about tools but I did see a big tackle shop I think I might check out ;D

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Hilltop366

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on June 03, 2017, 10:26:22 PM

I was instructed that I would be going shopping in the morning for more appropriate "beach wear"   ???  :)

Cutoff overalls?

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Hilltop366 on June 04, 2017, 09:01:51 AM
Quote from: sandsawmill14 on June 03, 2017, 10:26:22 PM

I thought about it but I decided overalls cost to much :D

Wdh I may fish some from the pier but not planning to go offshore  :)

Cutoff overalls?

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishpharmer

Cutoff overalls aren't appropriate beachwear?  They are in MS ;D

WDH, huge redfish!!!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Looks like a Cape Hatteras Redfish to me.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don P

My in-laws lived there on Marina Rd back in the day. We said he made Cap'n Ahab look like a weekend fisherman. We would not come back in empty handed, some days I did wonder if we were going to come in though  :D

WV Sawmiller

SS14,

By appropriate attire, since you are in Ala, is go find you a nice AU baseball cap. That will qualify as anything from beach to formal attire in Ala.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

caveman

Danny, that is a good red fish.  DanG things aren't the fastest of creatures but they pull like mules.  Looks like the Ocean is churned up a bit.  I hope to break away for a few days near the end of the week to fish in the salty water.

Sawmill14, did you get the legs of your overalls cutoff so that you would be in appropriate beach attire next time you hit the shore?
Caveman

sandsawmill14

No caveman it didn't cut them off :-\   here is a pic of what they fixed me up with :o it's a good thing I don't embarrass easily ;D

And my big fish  :D ;D at least for the hour I got to fish  ;D but the Spanish mackerel  are running good I bet they caught 75 while is was down there so I went to tackle shop and got some rigs and I'm fixing to try them here in a few minutes

caveman

Those Spanish like stuff shiny, fast and erratic. 

We catch them most often on free lined white bait on a 1/0 long shanked hook with mono or fluorocarbon 20 lb leader to 8-12lb clear main line.  With plenty of  baitfish the mackerel can be chummed into a frenzy.  For artificial baits; white jigs, silver spoons, shiny swimming lures (Rattle Traps, Bomber Long A's, Mirrolures) work well but we usually don't use them because they will get taken away eventually.
Caveman

LAZERDAN

At least you don't have a farmers tan !  Oh who cares your catching fish, and not at work....      Lazerdan

sandhills

Yep, that's pretty much how they tried to fix me up too.....

sandsawmill14

Quote from: sandhills on June 05, 2017, 10:08:22 AM
Yep, that's pretty much how they tried to fix me up too.....
It's only a week so maybe I will make ;D  but I did have to go get some tennis shoes  them flip flops were killing me :)

sandhills

Oh buddy you have no idea, some people just don't get it!  If it helps any I lasted 4 days  :), hope you're having a great time!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Magicman on June 03, 2017, 10:53:35 PM
I went back and looked and didn't see anything wrong with your beach wear.  :)  OK, you gotta go to the outlet mall anyway.  Heck there is a Tool Store nearby!   ;D
Well mm  was right and least night was the night for the for the outlet malls at Foley  :)  I don't know how they do it  ::) spent an hour and half  in Yankee candle :o so after a while I got bored and so me being me i got to picking on them and the sales girls ;) so I asked them where the men's section was and she looked at me sorta crazy but said we don't really have a section for men but what scents are you looking for  ??? And I said beer, bourbon , and BBQ  ;D :D and she said well we have a BBQ candle but not the other  :o ;D ;D ;D  it smelled about like BBQ but the girls said it wasn't coming in the house  ::) it's hard living with 3 girls but I have learned to choose my battles wisely ;)

Magicman

The Tool Store should be behind the Coleman Store.  Not in the outlet mall but on the highway just North of the outlet mall.

Thank You Sponsors!