After Thirty Plus Years

Started by Autocar, May 28, 2017, 07:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Doctors feel they can give me some sight in my left eye. Working on a skidder on New Years Eve I got a peace of steel off a bearing race. They took my lens off to get the steel out so everything was just a blur after that. Problems getting my C.D.L. plus when I got checked by  the diesel cops. Be pretty cool to see good again after June the second I should know.
Bill

Ron Scott

~Ron

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandsawmill14

i hope it works and all goes good for you :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

samandothers

Best of luck let us know how it goes.

Ed_K

That's great news,it's a wonder what they can do now a days.
Ed K

Autocar

Just before they put the patch over my eye I could see the light in the operating room. Tomarrow there take the patch off so time will tell but things are looking up.
Bill

doctorb

May take a bit of time to adjust your focus.  What you see after patch removal may well improve over a month or so.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

fishpharmer

Bill, I am glad to hear that!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Autocar

They removed the patch and it wasn't to soon for me the tape made me itch like I had hives. I can see pretty good and the doctor said it should improve as the days go on. Only draw back thirty plus days of no dust ect. Pretty tuff in the logging business but right now it is to wet in the woods any way plus parts for the trailer are all backordered and that's another story in it's self. Thanks for all the prayers and best wishes .
Bill

Magicman

Thanks for sharing the good report Bill.  Prayers are answered. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

Ed_K

Happy to hear the good news  8) .
Ed K

Autocar

The doctor told me today he didn't want me to start logging till the 25 th. of June. Ive been working on repairs sense the operation, almost impossible for me to do nothing. My vision today was twenty twenty with both eyes and my bad eye is twenty five. So pretty pleased with all.
Bill

thecfarm

Do what the doctor says. I know it can be hard,but seeing is better than not seeing.  ;)

Don P

Good deal! The down time is soon enough forgotten and recovered from. There must be a fishin hole somewhere begging for a line  :)

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

thechknhwk

Probably not on the same level, but I had lasik surgery like 10 years ago, and the results have been wonderful.  My vision was not that bad, but I hated needing to have glasses to see perfectly.  I was told I could not itch my eyes for 6 weeks.  That was a tough one.  I hope your vision is restored to your satisfaction; you will be very happy.

Magicman

Thanks or the update Bill.  Good news!   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ed_K

That is really good news. 20/20 is something to be happy about. I know how hard it is to not be finding things to do, it really depressed me till they said go for it  8) .
Ed K

51cub

Excellent! Thanks or the update!
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example