iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Sad Day

Started by Magicman, May 28, 2017, 02:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

It's on the national news today about the tragic shooting here in Brookhaven.  LINK  I know the slain sheriff deputy's family.   :'(
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

MM,

Yeah, I read the article earlier and thought about you guys. I am sorry for the officer and the family and friends of all who were hurt or killed.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

sandhills

Very, very sad.  You have to wonder how anyone could do something like this.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Everything is getting closer to home.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ron Scott

Very sad! Another sad lose of a law enforcement officer in a domestic dispute.
~Ron

CHARLIE

It saddened me greatly when I read this in the news.  So many innocent lives taken and two were children who never had a chance to live a full life.  It is my hope the murderer gets his the sentence he earned and I hope it is carried out quickly.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

coxy

sad very sad  :(   there should be a long dirt road leading to every jail house for people like that

red

We obviously know Good People in Mississippi with Good News. But we don't get to hear the Good News just a headline of a very sad event. First what comes to mind is Amityville Horror, that will forever be know for a Horrable story.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

thecfarm

Sad indeed. Seem like more and more of that sad news is going on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

wesdor

How terrible!  And the article says the man was hoping for suicide by cop.  My heart and prayers go out to all involved.  My friends who are police tell me home disputes are some of the most dangerous. 

Magicman

Additional insight into the slain deputy, William Durr's, life of service to others:  LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

yukon cornelius

What a sad thing. I am thankful for those who serve and willing to put themselves in harms way to protect us.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Magicman

Two of our Great-Granddaughters placed their flowers on the fallen Deputy's cruiser as a Memorial.

The older places her flowers as the younger watches.

And now the youngest stretches to place her flowers.

This ordeal has been very difficult for this community.   :'(

sandhills

My heart goes out to all of you Lynn.

caveman

I do not have the words to express the sympathy that I have for the families affected by the senseless acts committed. 
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!