iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl chainsaw ms390

Started by terizea, May 28, 2017, 08:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terizea

purchased a short block ms390 looking at crankcase halves they look different size hole where seal goes is this normal?

joe_indi

One of the halves have a wall at the edge to hold seals in position when the two pieces are tightened down

terizea

looking at the face where shaft comes out of seals the top half of the crankcase half is approx. 1 1/8" the bottom half is  7/8" if I knew how to post a picture I would

Woodcutter_Mo

When writing a post, below the text box there is a blue box that says "Click here to add Photos to post". Click that, you will then have to create and select an album.
After you choose the album, click "choose files" and find and select the pic you want to upload. After it uploads, click on the pic to view it.
Below the pic, there is an IMG link. Copy it and paste it into your post.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,61788.0.html
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

terizea

terizea

just wanted to thank everyone for helping me fix my grandpas chainsaw there was a leak between crankcase halves thought since the company said it was vac/press. tested that we didn't have to do so 2 mths later after not taking advice from you all about performing test before installation Word Of Wise (WOW) pay heed to experience or you'll b paying elsewhere

Thank You Sponsors!