iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing SYP on the 00 Frick

Started by ddcuning, May 28, 2017, 07:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddcuning

A month ago we were given 38 pine logs, 21' long each. It has taken us 4 Saturday's to get it all sawn up. This is one of two piles, the other pile consists of 27, 2x6x16' and then 7, 2x10x16'. The saw is sawing great, it can saw a 1x6x10' in just over 5 seconds and it be a square board. My 16' length boards only varied in thickness 1/16" over the 16' length so I am happy with that. Been a lot of fun sawing these but I am glad they are all done. In only 4 weeks bugs had already been working on the bark even though they were up off of the ground.

We have sold all of the 2x6x16' to a neighbor that needs his barn fixed and we have some of the 1x6x10' promised as well. We cut most of the 21' logs down to 10'-6" and then sawed boards out of them.

We plan to build another pole barn at the mill this fall, working on getting a storage room above the planer and get the structure set for the planer fan. We will need some more pine to build the ductwork for the planer but headed towards getting the planer operational. SPD748 (Lee) is helping with machining the materials to connect the planer to the Cummins!

Dave C

We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

dgdrls

Very nice,

have you posted a video of the Frick doing its thing?

Best
D

ddcuning

I did not do videos this time due to us being so busy trying to get it all sawed up. I have two other logs on the rack now that I can video though.

Dave C

sealark37

Good to hear from you, Dave.  It looks like you are doing well with your mill.  Keep us up to date, and let us see your latest projects.  Regards, Clark

woodworker9

Nice.  I have enjoyed your previous video's on the Frick in action.
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

grouch

Quote from: ddcuning on May 28, 2017, 07:59:18 AM

I'm pretty sure that's not proper safety attire for sawing.

Where's that dust mask?
Find something to do that interests you.

ddcuning

My wife gets on to me for sawing in shorts and flip flops but I do use eye protection, hearing protection and gloves....does that count?

Dave C

thechknhwk

Quote from: ddcuning on May 28, 2017, 02:53:51 PM
My wife gets on to me for sawing in shorts and flip flops but I do use eye protection, hearing protection and gloves....does that count?

Dave C

Perhaps you'll be able to count all your fingers, but not your toes :D

grouch

Quote from: thechknhwk on May 30, 2017, 11:03:00 AM
Quote from: ddcuning on May 28, 2017, 02:53:51 PM

Dave C

Perhaps you'll be able to count all your fingers, but not your toes :D

You made me cringe. I can imagine a 2 inch slab of oak (or anything!) falling edge-first across my toes.
Find something to do that interests you.

Thank You Sponsors!