iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack Super E

Started by Timbercruiser, May 24, 2017, 05:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbercruiser

Hi I have a 1981 timberjack 230 super E.  I have a service manual for a D series machine everything is the same as my machine except the transfer case. I'm looking for rebuild information on the Eaton transfer case .  There is no books now from John Deere for a E series .  Hopefully somebody on here can help.

62oliver

I have a parts cataloge (PDF) for my 240E if that helps, same eaton transfer case I'm pretty sure?
Husqvarna 266, Case 90xt, JD310C, TJ240E, 02 Duramax

bushmechanic

Can't help with the manual as all I have is the parts diagram also. But I have rebuilt quite a few of them from forwarder's. If you want to know anything specific just ask. One of the biggest things with them is to seal the bottom shaft good or it will leak into the brake housings.

Timbercruiser

Yep the brakes are on the front of them we just had it out to fix the breaks  put new discs is and seals . My mechanic said the transfer case was in good shape still just leave it alone  :D

bushmechanic

Hope your mechanic put silicone sealant on the splines of the bottom shaft because if he didn't you may still get oil seepage into the brake housings.

Timbercruiser

Yep we did do that.  Does everyone  winch with the Ebrake on still or just use the foot break.?

Stoneyacrefarm

I have a 240E
I usually always winch with the brake on. (Not sure if it's the correct thing to do but it makes sense to me) ??
Sometimes I hold the foot brake also if needed.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Thank You Sponsors!