iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Neighbors

Started by Peter Drouin, May 24, 2017, 06:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

Oh let's see, lettuce and spinach are about finished up, the critters got the beans. 'Maters are climbing the strings. Peppers are set out, cukes and zuchs should be coming in for market this week. Nasturtiums which are a pretty flower and are yummy stuffed with cream cheese and pepper jelly, we have a hummingbird stuck in there tonite but set out some water and he has plenty of blooms so should be ok. Beets and carrots are in but will be a bit yet. There are peppers and maters outside as well but this is setting up to be a blight year. We had garlic scapes with rainbows and brookies the other night. Blueberries should be in in a few weeks, strawberries are coming in now, raspberries are a few weeks off yet. I wandered outside the tunnel for all of that last and prolly missed a few, Michelle grows stuff, I cut stuff down, but I do like to eat  ;D

Peter Drouin

All my stuff is in the greenhouse.

Sometimes he goes in there and I have to get after him. :D :D :D ;)

Have 8000 BF in it.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Peter Drouin

I think the Fox and friends have all gone. They have not been around. :( :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Don P

I've seen a couple of foxes hit in the road the past few days, one had run alongside my truck earlier, there must have been a den too close to the road.

A few days ago I went up into the woods where we had made a beam. I had left a ladder up there and went to retrieve it. We had kind of left that area alone when we saw a newborn fawn sleeping in our fresh laps. I had spotted mamma in there later so I knew there was still a nursery going on. Well when I went in bambi was chasing a squirrel and bouncing around carefree. She spotted me and came up within about 10 feet without a bit of fear, checked me out and then went bouncing off on the next adventure of the morning.

Peter Drouin

New guy, The back on him is at my knee about 28". What do you think he weighs?
25lbs? 30lbs?

This was last week, Have to fix the date on the kodak. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

WV Sawmiller

Shoot him and weigh him then let us know.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

69bronco

scsmith42

Probably closer to 50 lbs. 

He looks well fed.....
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Chuck White

SC;  That's what I was thinking too!

I'd say 45# anyways!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

New guy, A sharp-shinned Hawk.

See the square tale.
He/ she ?? was eating a Red squirle.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Crusarius

Onthesauk

One of my favorite hawks!  Watched one chase a robin through brush onetime, incredibly fast.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Sunning himself,  :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Crusarius

I had a bunch of turkey tracks across the driveway tonight.

Chuck White

I have a small flock that come to my yard to see what the little birds have knocked out of the windowsill bird feeder!

They clean it up, then they go on their way!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

PA_Walnut

Hawks are FAST and unpredictable! My daughter has laying chickens that free-range. All last year they've been doing their thing and amazingly when they see/sense a hawk, they scramble for the bushes, under pines, etc.

Last weekend, didn't cut muster. A Red-tail did a dive-bomb and hit one so hard it died instantly. It was unable to carry it off since it was about the same size and the chicken, and my daughter went racing after it almost as fast as the hawk.

Unfortunately, the chicken didn't make it and my daughter was heartbroken. I've warned her that it's a small sampling of what will happen if she's lazy about getting them safely in the coop and locked-up since I've been seeing large red fox in our trail cams.  :o :-\
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Peter Drouin

New Neighbor, 

Not a baby.  :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

What do you think it is?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Al_Smith

I've got a few "outside" pets .Rocky the raccoon who was just a little bit of a thing when he first made the scene as an orphaned kit .He's about 20-25 pounds now ,big old boar and likely the king of the woods .
Then comes Chuck the ground hog who was also a little fellow and is now the size of a beaver .He was on a mission a few weeks ago,nose in the air prancing like a wolverine obviously off to do a little courting .Rascal ate a hole through one of my shed floors ,we're going to have a chat about that .

thecfarm

My neighbor,bear.has not been to see me.Yet. Some morning I will find the suet holders on the ground. He always comes when I'm sleeping. Or just getting up. He-she was out eating the suet at 5am one morning last year.
Al I had a talk with him about that. ;D   He took off runing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

mike_belben

He wont eat nearly as many fawns as youre coyote pal will.
Praise The Lord

Peter Drouin

The coyote has moved on. What happens in the wild is the Father's idea not mine.  ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!