iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Neighbors

Started by Peter Drouin, May 24, 2017, 06:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

One more pup you can't see, 4 in all, Mom is a big girl with some gray on her butt. Can't get a pix of her, Too fast. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WV Sawmiller

Peter,

Those don't look like neighbors to me. Looks more like tenants from where I sit. :D

Nice picture. I hope y'alll get along well.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sandhills

The last year we lived at our last house we had 4 dens within a mile, it was fun watching the pups play around.  Our actual neighbor didn't care for it much because he had free range chickens  :D.

Ox

That's the first thing I thought of too, sorry!  We had free range chickens but locked up every night and had problems with foxes coming around.  The neighbor a few places down had a little shed way out back and the momma used under that for a den.  One person thinks cute, another thinks rascal and shoots.  To each his own - I hope they're good neighbors for you.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

WDH

Peter is a Pine Man, not a Chicken Man.  Hopefully the foxes won't eat his pine. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

I have fun with all of Gods creatures. 8) 8)

smiley_biggrin01
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Onthesauk

Healthy looking fellow.  Pretty glossy fur for this time of the year.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Ron Scott

~Ron

Dave Shepard

I've got a sawmill bear, too, but he is a little more shy than yours.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Peter Drouin

This one made a mess, so off with him, :D :D :D :D

Mr Woodchuck, Now lives out on a growing in old hay field, and not under the barn. ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Went out to the mill today and found this little guy.

Sharp teeth. :D

Looking at it something bit it. Teeth marks on top of the back and on the belly.
What would have killed it and not eat it??
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Maybe the fox and a fisher cat were fighting over desert
Boy, back in my day..

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

Now the pups are running all over my yard,
Have to watch out for the cats. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

He might be 5" at the shoulder.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Don't cha worry,he'll grow.  Good thing you don't have chickens.  :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

I have had chickens,pigs, cows, turkeys, quail,dogs,cats,
And not one time have I had trouble with the wildlife,
One time I had a fox on one side of the fence and a chicken on the other. Wish I had a pic of that.
They were there looking at each other.4' away from each other. :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

When we had the greenhouse business,wife was standing talking to a customer in the driveway,chicken about 10 feet from her,I turned just in time to see her throw a water jug at a fox that came out of the woods to dine at The C Farm.  :D Fox dropped the chicken,but broke it's leg. Kinda brave,but wanted to eat. I like to have the critters out and about. My dog was out in the woods when all this was going on.
The guy above keeps his in a pen and does not have any problems.
At one time I think I had 40 critters here, Ducks,geese,chickens. All gone due to the sign,eat at The C Farm.  :D
We are slowly getting more fodder for the wildlife to dine on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

4x4American

My friend said he had an airstrike on his free range chiggens, and foxes give him trouble too.  He likes to sit on the back deck with a plinking machine to shoot them (but he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if he was standing inside of it lol)
Boy, back in my day..

red

A hobby farmer had about 80 chickens free ranging . One week he lost 15 chickens , he had seen a fox so he always carried a rifle with him. He shot 9 foxes in two weeks.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Peter Drouin

Well, There was one time where a Bear went into the chicken pen. So the chickens were running around in the yard. I went to see why. There was a bears back side sticking out of the open door. So I snuck up on him and gave him hell for eating the chicken food.
The bear never came back, I did scare the crap out of him. :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: red on June 04, 2017, 09:20:11 AM
A hobby farmer had about 80 chickens free ranging . One week he lost 15 chickens , he had seen a fox so he always carried a rifle with him. He shot 9 foxes in two weeks.

That's too bad,
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

lol lol lol I'm wondering what you did to the bear now lol
Boy, back in my day..

Don P

We need to get another furry buddy. We've been trapping groundhogs that are dining in the high tunnel. I went up the road to let one out the other evening. I should have known he wouldn't go the way I intended. He took off out of the trap like a shot, down the hill, across the road and BONG! right into a gate  :D.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Don P on June 05, 2017, 06:40:19 AM
We need to get another furry buddy. We've been trapping groundhogs that are dining in the high tunnel. I went up the road to let one out the other evening. I should have known he wouldn't go the way I intended. He took off out of the trap like a shot, down the hill, across the road and BONG! right into a gate  :D.

Good one,  :D :D What's in the high tunnel?.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!