iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Done with Central Boiler ...Boiler recomendations please

Started by Logging logginglogging, May 23, 2017, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logging logginglogging

I am looking for somthing that has a great warentee, and a dealer near by
I live in northern VT (NH / Canadian border)
I would like Heatmore information especially

I am replacing a leaking Central boiler E-classic 2300

barbender

I have had the midsize Heatmor for 8 or 9 heating seasons. I've replaced a fan blower, otherwise just clean out the ashes as needed and keep it loaded with wood. I'm very happy with it.
Too many irons in the fire

doctorb

logging......

I am sorry you have to do that.  Mine has yet to leak, but it's only a matter of time.  I can assure you that, once it does, it's gone.  Not sure I
I'll be in my current house long enough to be worth the $ to replace it, so I am hoping for a few more good years.  Best of luck with your new purchase and keep us posted on your selection and its performance next winter.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

thecfarm

I've had a Heatmor for almost 10 years,a few blowers motors,hoses on the door,the gaskets on the cleanout and the blower motor,I think that is it. I've only called my dealer once or twice for problems. But I do have the old style. I just talked to my dealer the other day at the woods expo. I would get another one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Logging logginglogging

Well, I liked my old boiler so much I decided I was not done with central boiler and just ordered a bran new Edge 750 Titanium series!!
Very Excited!! I think it will be a lot less maintenance and a lot more efficient!!

bcdude

Re logging logging logging. Let me know how the titanium 750 works for u . I unfortunately purchased last year the previous model 750 . Has no access door , unbelievably hard to clean heat exchanger.. since then they have added a clean out door :( be nice if they should have some kind of trade in to upgrade when there is a significant change in the engineering like this .of course I wouldn't expect it free . Really disappointed. 

Rebarb

A coworker installed the new 750 Edge and keeps bragging about it.

Curious about your old CB ?
Did it rust from the outside in which is common with spray-on insulation and fluctuating box temps. 

Or did it spring a leak on the inside?
I'm sure you used rust prohitor. 

I've heard my share about CB but also know of several who's been running the 5036 for over 10years without issue.

1countryboy

Everybody has a preference as to brand.   I have no issues with my Heatmor 400 purchased in 2002.  A great heating unit.   Heating at max capacity most of the time.   Heated shop floor is 80 degrees right now.   Wind chill is at -11 and temp at 11 and going down at dark.  I know with a wind over 30mph my temp will drop over the next 3 days.  Big farm house is well above what the govt. says I should be """comfortable at".   I cut the wood and do not care what the govt says.   

My shop has a heated floor and has a backhoe and 75 hp mm tractor getting overhauled.   Temp of the tractors is 75 degrees, my feet are warm and I work for "free" for me.   My temp gun says the only cold spots are my cheap shop windows.  Temp at 16 feet in corners is well over 70 degrees.   My Agr. chemicals dare not freeze and the guys working are both over LXX and like warm feet.  

The heatmor has only needed new hoses on the door, fans replaced and heatpumps.  Normal issues.   Brother has a 200 and has never replaced anything but the hoses on the door.  (Heatmor doors circulate water).   Clean ashes with the auger when needed.  A general cleanout of firebox if I add Ky. coal for extra Btu s in this weather.   I do cut a lot of wood, but its all controlled harvest and as a certified Ohio Tree Farmer I have had a forestry plan since the 1960's.   The Farming enterprise has had certified conservation plans for several generations.  
Ohio Certified Tree Farm, Ohio Centennial Farms, Ashland County Soil Conservation Award., USDA/ASCS/FSA forest management(TSI) 1963 to present, retired educator, NOT retired farmer and a real farm shop to fix all my old equipment.

Logging logginglogging

Quote from: Rebarb on January 29, 2019, 11:08:43 AM
A coworker installed the new 750 Edge and keeps bragging about it.

Curious about your old CB ?
Did it rust from the outside in which is common with spray-on insulation and fluctuating box temps.

Or did it spring a leak on the inside?
I'm sure you used rust prohitor.

I've heard my share about CB but also know of several who's been running the 5036 for over 10years without issue.

mine sprung a leak on the inside..(firebox) I did always use the inhibitor and the ashtrol as well I kept the stove very clean and within spec.

Thank You Sponsors!