iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawyer wanted

Started by Farmerjw, May 11, 2017, 08:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmerjw

A friend of mine in Michigan posted the following on a woodworking forum we belong to.

"Looking for a Sawyer
I have 18 logs here I need to have milled into useable lumber. I have found out that our normal sawyer has retired from sawing timbers. So I am looking for a sawyer with a woodmizer portable sawmill to mill these up for me. I am in SW Michigan. Any ideas? The logs are as follows. 2 cherry logs, one knotty pine log and the rest are walnut. Open for any suggestions. Thanks in advanced!"

I hope this is the correct area to post this.  If anyone thinks they are interested in this job, answer here and I will direct him to this post and the two of you can then get together and discuss all the implications.  Thanks in advance, Jon.
Premier Bovine Scatologist

WV Sawmiller

Two easy options include going to the WM site and looking under their services tab for a local sawyer in your area or going to the Extras tab here on the FF and check there for such a sawyer. Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

red

Third option is Mr Magicman he will cuthem and leave them . . but you have to pay by the mile.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WV Sawmiller

True :D.  :D :D :D

But probably not until he gets his Setworks fixed
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Farmerjw

Thank you WV Sawmiller, I went to the Woodmizer site and typed in Michigan and he has a lot of choices.  So sent him the address so he can determine what is local to him.

Red, if he were to get Magicman at his place, I would be there also!! 

Thank you gentlemen for the options in a timely fashion!!! 8)

thechknhwk

If he wants to pay for my drive ($1/mile one way) I'll do it.

JimN

Quote from: Farmerjw on May 11, 2017, 10:01:53 AM
Thank you WV Sawmiller, I went to the Woodmizer site and typed in Michigan and he has a lot of choices.  So sent him the address so he can determine what is local to him.

Red, if he were to get Magicman at his place, I would be there also!! 

Thank you gentlemen for the options in a timely fashion!!! 8)

Thank you sir

jmouton

we are in southeast mich, not sure how far you are but you can pm me if you want ,,, we go portable alot all over the place,,,,
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

derhntr

I get a fair amount of business from the Pro Sawyer network. I am in SW/Central MI as well.
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

JimN

I am in the Kalamazoo area. 

Farmerjw

Quote from: thechknhwk on May 11, 2017, 01:46:34 PM
If he wants to pay for my drive ($1/mile one way) I'll do it.

Quote from: JimN on May 22, 2017, 07:23:24 AM
I am in the Kalamazoo area. 

Quote from: derhntr on May 11, 2017, 09:04:28 PM
I get a fair amount of business from the Pro Sawyer network. I am in SW/Central MI as well.

Quote from: jmouton on May 11, 2017, 07:25:22 PM
we are in southeast mich, not sure how far you are but you can pm me if you want ,,, we go portable alot all over the place,,,,

Thank you all.  I have passed along your answers and have offered to send any information he wants you to have on to you.  I just saw him this past Saturday in Constantine, Michigan and he said he hadn't found anyone wanting to saw on site.  So if he sends me a phone number and such, will pass it along to you in a pm.  Thanks,  Jon

derhntr

I got a request for contact info. I forwarded to the email provided.

Farmerjw

Quote from: derhntr on May 22, 2017, 10:13:21 AM
I got a request for contact info. I forwarded to the email provided.

Good, cuts out the middle man (me)!!!!! 8)

derhntr

Farmerjw,

Talked with your friend on the phone. Seems like a pretty nice fellow.

Farmerjw

Yes he is.  A young man just starting their family and a little farm.  If you saw for him would be surprised if you didn't meet his dad and a neighbor named Larry.  Both great guys also.  Hope it all works out and thanks. 

Thank You Sponsors!