iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

English Walnut

Started by Upper, May 19, 2017, 03:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upper

I think,no graft union that I could tell.Lots of sapwood.On the mill this evening.........

Stihl 661
Alaskan 36 CSM
36" guillotine splitter powered by a GMC V6
I like to build stuff
LT35HD Wood-Mizer

Upper

For those on the edge of their seats,the root stock of this English walnut is Paradox. A cross between English and Black walnut.Milled it this evening and will have pictures at 9 am eastern time.Alot of pure sap wood boards which may not be any good (I don't know) but its sawn.Evening Gents.........

Stihl 661
Alaskan 36 CSM
I like to build stuff
LT35HD Wood-Mizer

ToddsPoint

Love that English walnut.  Too bad it doesn't grow here.  At least not wild, and I've only seen very few planted as yard trees.  I cut my own black but have to buy the English.  Gary
Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

Upper

Stihl 661
Alaskan 36 CSM
I like to build stuff
LT35HD Wood-Mizer

sealark37

There is a procedure to "fume" walnut like yours to turn the sapwood dark like the heartwood.  I do not know the details, but someone here will.   Regards, Clark

grouch

Quote from: sealark37 on May 20, 2017, 09:11:04 PM
There is a procedure to "fume" walnut like yours to turn the sapwood dark like the heartwood.  I do not know the details, but someone here will.   Regards, Clark

Them's fightin words.
Find something to do that interests you.

TKehl

That contrast is AWESOME!
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

ToddsPoint

Unusual looking English to say the least.  Gary
Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

Upper

In those pictures the English is the Flat sawn look wood,only about 20 inches of a five foot log.
Stihl 661
Alaskan 36 CSM
I like to build stuff
LT35HD Wood-Mizer

tule peak timber

Per our phone conversation this morning I will get more info on the root stocks and hybrids from my walnut broker. Good talking with you ! Anyway a pic of similar wood.  Cheers  Rob

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Thank You Sponsors!